Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Updating EP35-DS3R BIOS with USB Stick ?

Default Re: Updating EP35-DS3R BIOS with USB Stick ?

Strange. I used it with my EP35-DS3R and it detects the drive. Did you see in the HD boot order setting in the BIOS there is an entry for USB-HDDs? Maybe try setting that as the boot drive. It's a long shot, but it might need that to activate detection of USB HDDs or something.

I have found no combination of BIOS setting/memory card formatting that will boot the computer from the memory card with the EP35-DS3R. This is using the same card reader and memory cards that worked perfect with a MSI MB. You don't need to boot the computer off a memory card to flash the BIOS though. Q Flash works perfect for me. When I hit [End] during boot the MB checks the USB ports for a memory device and always finds my reader, card and BIOS file.

rubenstein: Funny you mention using a memory card and card reader. Now that I think about it an SD card in my reader worked to flash the BIOS on my ASUS board as well. I have a 6-in-1 reader that is mounted into the chassis and connects to one of the internal USB headers.

I'll have to try it as a backup to the small FAT partition I made on my boot drive.
    Intel C2D E6850 - Gigabyte EP35-DS3R - Arctic Freezer Pro 7 - 2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500 - XFX 8800GTS Extreme 640 - Audigy XFi Extreme Gamer
    1 x Seagate SATA 320GB 1 x Western Digital SATA 200GB - Thermaltake Toughpower 750W - Antec 900

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Just for anyone reading this, If you are trying to Qflash with a USB stick you need to have it plugged in when you reboot to Qflash, not after

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information