Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-X48T-DQ6 -- Random Restarts

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-X48T-DQ6 -- Random Restarts

Just use looser timings 999-21 for 8gb, and add some MCH voltages for sure.

OCZ has issues with GA boards for sure though so I am not sure how you will get along with 8GB

Default Re: GA-X48T-DQ6 -- 8GB -- Random Restart/BSOD

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I actually found it by chance when Googling to solve more of the same problems!!

Thanks for your answer Lsdmeasap - the system was running smoothly with 8-8-8-21 timings and 1.8v for over a year with no problems, BUT, just recently it started to blue screen randomly - basically all the same problems I was having initially...

I've tried all sorts to fix this, including RMA'ing the RAM back to OCZ and I now have two fresh sets.

Running at mostly auto settings i.e. memory at 1066 mhz is actually less stable than forcing it up to 1333 mhz.

Here are some of the things I've been trying to resolve these issues:

I've flashed the BIOS to the latest (F6D).
    Installed fresh OS (Win 7 64bit).
    Tried various timings, right up to 10-10-10-30.
    Upped the MCH voltage by 0.2v as previously suggested.
    Upped the refresh to ACT as high as 87.

The most stable I can manage seems to be these settings:
    Memory multiplier 4.00 (333 mhz)
    8-8-8-27
    Refresh to ACT 85
    DDR overvoltage +0.3
    MCH overvoltage +0.2

It can sometimes manage 5 or so hours of Prime with these settings, but then will BSOD.

I'm really no expert at this - I've basically been trying a LOT of different settings in the hope that I'll find one that will work!

Your help would be VERY MUCH appreciated!!
    Last edited by PhotoGsy; 12-01-2009 at 10:53 PM.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Have you tried the 4.00B multiplier?

Haven't got the BIOS in front of me right now, but it was the 333 FSB x 4.00 that I've been running on.

(Post above edited!)

Thanks

Ok, just checked and yes, it's 4.00B that I was running.

As I mentioned above, leaving this on auto gives 1066mhz, which is less stable... weird....

Could just be incompatibility issues..

Does it work stable with only 4GB? Do you NEED the 8GB, or just want it? Just wondering

What BIOS are you using? Can you please post your current full settings and a link to the new memory

Hi Lsdmeasap,
    Yes, it runs stable with 4GB.

I'm using Lightroom with a BIG catalog and so the full 8GB is very useful and the reason I specifically went to 64 bit OS.

BIOS version is F6D and the memory is a direct replacement, so 2 x OCZ3P13334GK (4 x 2 GB DIMMs).

I'm at work at the moment - I can post the exact BIOS settings later.

Thanks

K, I just wondered about the 8GB because many users have 8-12GB for no reason.

Well if 4GB is stable then it it not likely incompatibilities. Sounds like either we have just not found your the right settings or the board does not like 8GB.

Do you have a fan on the NB? If not you should because we will need to bump the MB Voltage and X48 can get very hot. 800 fan sitting on your video card would be fine, I do that often. Or you could screw a 40-60MM Fan to the heatsink.

Once you get me your settings I will advise back a few things to try and see if we can get to the bottom of this for ya!

Hi Lsdmeasap,
    Ok, to answer your questions; no, I don't have a northbridge fan, but I did take the heatsinks off and add some thermal paste to help with cooling.
    Plus I have 2 large case fans and a large CPU fan (Noctua), so there's plenty air circulation in the case.

The weirdest thing is that this setup worked fine for over a year and just started going wrong for no apparent reason.

I've attached a text file (easier to read with formatting) with my BIOS settings; these were the settings I was last using with the full 8GB - stable for short periods.

Thanks

This CPU is at stock right? Very well could be a failing memory module, you should test each one, one by one with Memtest86+
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

5-10 full passes per single stick

The only thing that looks like it could help would be maybe try +0.25-0.3 MCH Voltage, rest looks ok for stock

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information