Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problem with X48T-DQ6

Default Getting 10600 DDR3 to 1333 MHZ

Guys,
    I just build a new system based on a X48T-DQ6 and E8400 with 2 GB of Corsair DDR3 10600 non-DHX.

Flashed the new F5 BIOS. Ran fine for four days. I closed it up after testing everything I bought and it would not power-up. I powers up for a second then shuts down then repeats until I pull the power cable.

I noticed that I if I remove the ATX 12V cable either the full 8-pin or the half 4-pin that it tries to power up. I have tried with 1 memory stick and no memory sticks and the same result.
    Note: when I say it powers up I don't let it get to post since I don't want to strain the 24-pin power without the 12v.

I just bought a e4600 to test and return. I need to try clearing the BIOS ad the new CPU. If the new CPU shows the same behavior, then I will RMA to newegg. Any other thoughts?

Thanks
    Last edited by Darkstar_WPB; 08-06-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Default Re: Problem with X48T-DQ6

Clearing the CMOS fixed the issue. Often times the simple solutions is the best.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Glad to see you got it fixed, Be sure after clearing Cmos or flashing BIOS to first load optimized defaults then save and apply and reboot then make your needed changes

Default Getting 1.7V DDR3 10600 to 1333 MHZ

Guys,
    Change of subject.
    I have the following ram in my X48T-DQ6:
    Corsair XMS3 2048MB Dual Channel PC10600 DDR3 1333MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB)
    With the F5 BIOS and everything set to AUTO or Normal. The memory runs at 1066. The DDR3 voltage is about 1.5V. I turn on the voltage controls for auto and bumped the DDR3 voltage by +.2V to get it to 1.7. Memory still only shows 1066. Help!

You have to manually set the memory multiplier to 1333 or around there depending on your FSB choice. If you are unsure of what to set it at, let me know your FSB and I will tell you what multi to use. These are the settings I am speaking of incase you are not sure >>>

CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............:400 Mhz << Here is FSB

Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]
    System Memory Multiplier ..............: ***** << Here is Ram Multi

I will look at it tonight. I am using a e8400, if that helps with the FSB question. I have not changed any other settings.

For 8400 at stock you will need to use the following to run your ram at 1333

CPU Clock Ratio ..........................: 9

CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............:333 Mhz

Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]
    System Memory Multiplier ..............: 4.00 <<< For 1333MHz Ram

I went ahead and went with a 400 MHZ FSB to run 3.6GHZ and bumped the DDR3 multiplier to get 1333. I didn't touch the voltage, I left it on auto and it went to 1.7 on its own.

As for stress test, I ran the latest prime 95 for 24 hours. It was still running when I got home last night and no crash, so I guess the setup is stable. I also had my GIGABYTE 4870 running with the settings from Catalyst auto Overdrive.

Thread Information