Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P35-DS3R Sound/Noise Issues? Static/Buzzing/Humming...

Default Re: P35-DS3R Sound/Noise Issues? Static/Buzzing/Humming...

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Hmm well your case diagram say HDA (High Def Audio) which is What Reltek is but some of the wires are not matching up with the board. Such as 6 is the one I see mainly that is different and could cause a issue. Your case has a Mic pin there, and your board has a ground pin. Thus putting + Voltage into a - Ground pin on your board.

That is not good, may have fried it (But likely not) but I know it is not good and could cause this feedback you are hearing

Are you wanting to use headphones? My suggestion to you would be either not use the Front panel and your case together (meaning unplug that now) or re-wire the pin-outs as it is they do not match up for HD or AC97.

So I would either do that, or plug whatever you want to use into the rear of the board

Cases OFTEN do not match up wiring wise with motherboards it is just the way things go and something you should ALWAYS check before plugging in and attempting to use a case plug, and this is for sure one example
    Hmmm ... very strange situation. Bought some new external speakers with a headphone jack, assuming this was going to be the end of it. But lo and behold, I'm even hearing the static through the headphone jack in the speakers! And they're plugged into the rear speaker jack located directly on the mobo!

Methinks this is really an issue with the board, then. If the board is emitting staticky noises through the rear sound jack, then I'd imagine the problem is really something inside the board's wiring, and there's probably not much more that can be done to fix it. Though if you've got any suggestions, I'm all ears.

This board (GA-EP43-DS3L) really has not been a great purchase, IMO. Before this sound issue, I was having probs the board not working properly with my 2x2GB memory (which you were eventually able to help me through - thanks!). Never had any problems at all with my previous MSI board though. Worked out of the box. Doesn't give me a warm & fuzzy feeling about purchasing Gigabyte boards in the future. :-(

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Is this P35 or P45? You say both so I just wondered?

Power supplies do also leave "Feedback" thru speakers, have you tested a older or different one?

Have you Moved your PCI-E card to the second slot to see if things improve? Sometimes a poorly shielded card can cause sound feedback as well

If it is P35 we are talking about then it may just be this >>>
    DPC Latency Spiking

Ya, it does seem P45 has alot more issue then P35, I can say that from the mass questions for support here that are actual issues rather then just needing general BIOS settings or general Help

Is this P35 or P45? You say both so I just wondered?
    Neither. It's a P43, which I've been saying all along. (GA-EP43-DS3L) I think you're confusing me with some of the other people posting on this thread.

Power supplies do also leave "Feedback" thru speakers, have you tested a older or different one?
    I haven't. Mostly because I don't have another to test with. Still, the PS is a brand new Antec EarthWatts 500 (came pre-installed with the case), and though I suppose it could be the problem, I'd think that's on the unlikely side, since a) it's brand new and b) Antec PS's are generally pretty good.

Have you Moved your PCI-E card to the second slot to see if things improve? Sometimes a poorly shielded card can cause sound feedback as well
    Not an option. This board only has 1 PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot, so I can't move the video card.

If it is P35 we are talking about then it may just be this >>>
    DPC Latency Spiking
    It's a P43, not a P35. Does that chipset suffer from that issue as well?

Ya, it does seem P45 has alot more issue then P35, I can say that from the mass questions for support here that are actual issues rather then just needing general BIOS settings or general Help
    Are you finding that with the P43 as well?

If there's anything else you can thing of that I might be able to try to work around this, I'd really appreciate it. (And thanks much for your help so far, btw.)

Ahh yeah, sorry I confused you with the Original poster of this thread when I Saw no specs listed I just glanced at post one. Sorry about that

Well generally most PSU's that come with a case are junk and should not ever be powered on with a system.... But Antec I have not heard much about so it could be ok to use, but I wouldn't

If it was me I would for sure be saving to get a new PSU, or at least try to find/borrow one. Or even fire up one of you older ones. Antec PSU's may be fine, but this info you read about them likely does not include PSU's that come free with Cases

Could be wrong, but that is just me. I'd never use one myself for more then a test run or a day or two. I have used them before, but ONLY that long while I waited on a PSU.

PSU is the single most important thing in your system, and using one you got for free is not the best thing at all. Especially if you are using a Good Graphics card

Well I posted that DPC link because I thought you had what this thread is about P35-DS3R

But yes, alot of boards have them. And it is not really totally a board/BIOS issue. Drivers and applications can also cause DPC latency.

But what you describe is Feedback, from your PSU or Graphics card likely

Well the only thing I can think for you to do is test some other stuff. Try to borrow or find a older PSU you have, and you can also try to find or borrow a older graphics card you have and test that as well

But like I said on page one your case wires are off compared to the board, but the backside of the board plugs would be/could be affected by feedback from your GFX card or a Insufficient/Failing PSU

I am having a similar issue with noise being generated by my mobo...GA-EP45-DS3L.

I am using an Antec case and in response to LSD, they make high quality PSU's for the most part. Many are manufactured by Seasonic which is a brand you should recognize and the PSU's that come with cases are the same as the ones they sell. They don't use different parts for their bundles. I have tried both my Antec NeoHE 500 PSU and my Corsair HX520 PSU with the same issue being present. To clarify there is more info in my post but the noise is not coming out of my speakers but the board itself.

How the mobo is mounted on the metallic frame? With plastic slugs (insulated) or with brass stand-offs (grounded)?
    The more it is grounded the better its stability and audio noise figure.
    I used only metallic stand-offs with adequate screws - but be careful to not short active printed circuit pads to ground so the stand-off/screws used must be smaller than the hole pad.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

I use Red washers on both sides of my boards, Between the top of the board and screws, and under the board on top of the posts. These are what I mean >>>
    Pkg of 50 8mm Paper Motherboard Washers - Misco.co.uk

Motherboard washers - Google Image Search

I posted in your thread, but about a sound card as I did not see this first.

If you are SURE it is coming from your board it could be a Cap going bad, you may want to RMA if you still can

go down to your local hardware store and buy half a square meter of brass mesh... cut out a square of about 25 square cm (around 5x5). now turn on your PC and get it to a point where static starts occuring... now hold the little brass square over (on the same plane as the mobo) the mobo about 5-10mm high and slowly move from the top right corner to the bottom right and (eventually) to the bottom left corner. if at any point the static stops then you know you have a busted cap. if not, hold the square in front (in the direction of your card) in front of your PSU. if the static stops now, you know your PSU is poorly insulated.

if the static doesn't stop, i dont know whats wrong, but ive still got a solution... cut out a bit of brass in the shape (kinda) shown below (if you need abetter diagram i can draw one out)

|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
    |xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx| total height 2x your card height + 3 cm
    |xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_|
    |xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|_ <---small slit (about 1cm in)
    length of your card + 3cm

now bend the brass in half at the slit and bend the 2 flaps at the end so they surround the card. if you have any wires going to the card (inside your case) then punch a hold of sufficient size to fit the connector through.

if the static does not stop now then you know that its the card that has something wrong with it and you should RMA it...
    Last edited by BongWizard; 09-22-2008 at 04:13 PM.
    NZXT Lexa BlackLine Case with Red LEDs
    Corsair TX-750 Modular PSU
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3P (BIOS F7)
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 3.73GHz (downclocked for the summer )
    OCZ Vendetta 2 CPU Heatsink
    2x 2GB Kingston HyperX RAM PC2-6400 @ 996MHz (4-5-5-15)
    3x Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB HDD in RAID5
    2x HIS Radeon HD 4850 @ 745/1090 in CrossFireX
    2x ThermalTake DuOrb GPU Heatsink
    D-Link Super G PCI WLAN Adapter
    Asus Lightscribe 20x SATA II DVD-DL Burner
    Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
    2x 22" LG W2252TQ-PF Widescreen LCD Monitor (YAY!! Finally got the second one!!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information