Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EIST on EP35C-DS3R missing

Default EIST on EP35C-DS3R missing

Hi all,
    I recieved my new PC the includes among other specs Intel Q6600 on a Gigabyte motherboard EP35C-DS3R.

When entering the BIOS I could not find the option CPU EIST Function.
    The C1E option exists.

From what I could find, Q6600 processor does support that option, and the mother board supports this to.

BIOS Version is F2

My question is why cant I see this option?

Default Re: EIST on EP35C-DS3R missing

There's a bug with some BIOSes where EIST disappears and CPU voltage cannot be adjusted. Try clearing the CMOS, or try a newer BIOS.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EIST on EP35C-DS3R missing

Yes, Please try a re-flash to the same BIOS version or a newer one. DO NOT use @BIOS to flash with. Use Qflash with a floppy or USB stick, or make a FAT32 partition on your drive and stick a copy of the BIOS there to flash in Qflash with.

Another thing you could do before flashing is to try this. GO into the BIOS and select "Load Optimized Defaults" then choose "Save and Apply" (Which you also need to do each and everytime you do a flash as well) and then reboot and then after a reboot you can go in and make any needed changes to your BIOS and see if the issue is fixed

Thread Information