Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3R Settings

Default GA-EP45-DS3R Settings

Specs
    Q9300- Stock speed
    GA-EP45-DS3R
    Corsair 2G 800 4-4-4-12 ( I have 4G but it will only post with 2)

I had a rough start as I returned 2 identical MBs because they wouldn't post. Finally I read somewhere (maybe this forum) to try the memory in the 2 and 4 slot instead of 1 and 3. Well that didn't work either but I did get it to work with just one stick in the 2 slot. Now that I have the first of several OS installed, I was wondering if anyone has a similar setup and would post all of their settings for me to try. I would like to get the second stick of ram to work and as far as speed is concerned stock to slightly (5 to 10% OC max) is all I am after. The ram and other components have all been tested in 2 other systems to verify that they all work correctly. If anyone could give me the settings or part of them it would be greatly appreciated. If no one has a similar setup or doesn't want to post them no worries, I will just keep reading and see what I can gather. Thanks for the information that I have already gotten from the forum and thanks in advance for any information that may be forthcoming.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3R Settings

Do you have 4x1 or 2x2?

I think it sounds like 2x2, if so you need to add some MCH Core voltage for 2x2, and you need to set Performance enhance to standard. Then set trfc to 52-62 and you should get booted. Also be sure Static tRead Value is set to 7-10

Flash Bios to F8, if You didn't do this yet. F5 had some problems with 45nm CPUs, what I unfortunately realised after reinstalling OS with all drivers :)
    GA-EP45-DS3R F8 / E8400@4.2GHz / Scythe Katana 2 / Patriot Dual LLK 2x2GB CL4 /
    EVGA GTX280@640/2550MHz / X-Fi X-treme Music / Seagate Barracuda 500GB 32MB /
    Chieftec Dragon CFT-650-14C / Win XP Pro SP2

Thanks for the tips. I upgraded the BIOS which stabilized things quite a bit then HD died. The ram is 2x2 so I will try those settings.

I tried the settings and different combinations of the settings as well as trying all of the combinations of memory slots but it still will not boot with 4G. I tried the memory in 2 other MB and it worked and also ran memtest for 4-6 hours with no errors. I hate to return the MB again but maybe it is time to try a different brand\model. Thanks for your help guys, we gave it a shot.

Do you have Performance Enhance set to standard? If not you must do this, and did you try 1.3+ MCH core? And are you now using a Beta BIOS? If so I would suggest you flash back to a NON Beta before trying to get your ram stable. Beta's often cause memory errors

If you plan to RMA something I would return the ram and get a different brand, not the board

I did have it set to standard and I tried the MCH voltage from -.1 up to +.35 and it didn't help. I have now tried the ram in 3 other MBs with no problems. The reason I said I would return the motherboard is because I got it at Frys and I can just return it and get something else without having to go through the RMA process. I return MBs and other assorted parts to Frys on a weekly basis and they never give me a hassle, not even a restocking fee. The one thing that they will not return is RAM. I certainly wish I could keep this MB but I have tried several dozen or hundred different combinations and I can't get it to work. It is probably just pebkac.

One of the sticks of memory just died so maybe it was the culprit all along. I was doing memtest on it and it had passed 2 or 3 times and then died. Thanks for your help, I will get some new ram tomorrow and see if that works.

Ahh well, good luck with everything either way. You could borrow some ram and test in your board to be sure, if someone would let you borrow any. Or find some old laying around your house, any speed will do.

Thread Information