Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ga-ep45-ds3r & ozc ddr @1066

Default Re: Ga-ep45-ds3r & ozc ddr @1066

DRAM Performance

Sorry, I used @BIOS to update. So it gave me F8a from July 7.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

For your sake do not use @bios again!!!

Now, first thing I must suggest is for you to set PCI Express to 100, always!! Then try 1.3 or 1.25 for MCH core. And please post a image or your settings in advanced timing controls for your ram

Thanks.

FYI, 1.25 was NOT a selectable option in McH Core. I used 1.3

FYI,

Advanced Clock Control:

CPU Drive=800mV
    PCI Express=900mV

Also, you did tell me to not use @bios again. Fine, but I am now thinking the problems did start happening after my @bios flash. So, it appears that the instability at boot might either be caused by @bios and/or the F8A bios itself.

Should I flash to the F5 bios?
    Last edited by Weaves; 08-08-2008 at 10:53 PM.

Leave those clock controls for now

Well the main problem with @BIOS is that it kills boards/BIOS's not that it causes system errors. Yes, Using a Beta BIOS can and likely will cause you errors. I would suggest that you flash WITH QFLASH back to either F5 or a NON beta BIOS for now until F* is finalized. Rule of thumb for sure with the BIOS is same as everything else "If it aint broke, don't fix it" Meaning if you have no real reason to update your BIOS such as a fix you had been looking for is included there is not a need to flash. Especially a Beta BIOS

Lsdmeasap,

Thanks for all of your help. I think I am finally stable at start-up. I went up to the 9f bios and upgraded ati cat's to 8.8

I think I had two problems:
    1: Bios settings for the memory.
    2: 8.7 Cat for HD4870 card caused vista to freeze.

I only have a few more questions:

1. Shouldn't cpuid match by latency settings?

Here should be a pic. Note- it thinks i have ddr3

2. Are you sure about leaving GPU at 900? the only problem I have now is random in game crashes. I'm think it's driver problems (not often). But don't want to add the voltage if not need.

3. Do I need DRAM voltage to be set at 2.1, or will 1.8 do?

4. I have a USB hard drive i use for my music and pics- Do I need to have the Legacy USB Storgae detect set to [Enable]?

Thanks

Nice to hear it!! Ya, GFX drivers can be quirky often!

Yes that should match what you have set in the BIOS. That is provided you manually set them, not used AUTO. So sounds to me like you are using AUTO then if you did not set 5-7-7-20 (Which is not a usual manual set per user choice)

Do you mean PCI Express Clock Drive? If so Yeah leave that at 900, it will not affect your card. It affects how the motherboard handles graphical info. You can set it to Auto if you like though and likely be fine

What does your ram sticker say? It is likely 2.1V which is fine, you can try 2.0V but it may Fail, depending on timings and ram IC Chip quality

You will have to test that, some USB Storage devices do need it on, and some do not. So you will just have to try both and see how it reacts

*EDIT*

Just saw all your images, yeah you have ram set on AUTO so it will use the 5-7-7-20 until you change it to manual and set 5-5-5-18.

You should also either manually change your MCH Reference voltage back to .76 or put it in Auto

MCH Core may need 1.3 anyway, you can try with 1.2 and see if it fails, if so use 1.3 you will be fine with that
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-27-2008 at 01:26 PM.

lsdmeap,

Small problem. I tried making some of the minor changes-now my system seems hosed. Here is what I did:

1. Change the MCH Core back to 1.1 and the Reference to auto.
    2. Rebooted
    3. On reboot, the system would start up for 5-10 seconds and auto shut down.
    4. It did this repeatdly until I unplugged- Even if I plugged in after a few minutes, it repeated process.
    5. Waited overnight and tried again, this time booted into bios and change back.
    6. Now machine seems to come on, but not even into bios. Everything goes on, but screen on button just keeps blinking, but can't even get to bios screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Try starting your system with only 1 stick of ram in slot on. That likely happened because of your ram speed failed without the needed MCH voltage. It IS NEEDED for 2x2GB

If no luck you will need to try to clear your CMOS. How I do that is unplug PSU from the wall then get a old hard drive, or optical jumper and put it on the CLEAR CMOS pins for about 20+ minutes (The pins are marked, and should be between your PCI cards somewhere)

Then after 20 or so minutes, remove the jumper and plug your PSU back in the wall. Put in ONE stick of ram in slot one and turn on the system and see if you can get into the BIOS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information