Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Memory Timings Explained W/ Suggested Timings & Memset VS. BIOS

Default Re: Memory Timings Explained W/ Suggested Timings & Memset VS. BIOS

I've always wanted to ask is there way to set up all precharge to activate and all precharge to refresh timings on Gigabyte boards (UD series to be more specific). Are they dependant on other timings?
    P45-UD3P 1.0 F10i E8400@550x8 max stable OCZ Blade LV 2x2gb 1150@1350 2v max stable

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I will check for you tonight, did you look in the advanced timing, and turnaround pages?

No such or similar timings in advanced and channel a/b settings, in DFI mobos you can directly change them, in GB maybe some other timings affect them.
    P45-UD3P 1.0 F10i E8400@550x8 max stable OCZ Blade LV 2x2gb 1150@1350 2v max stable

Ahh yes, you are correct. I was thinking of the other write to read/read to write settings.

You will not be able to set these with current GA BIOS, you could write in and make a suggestion for them to add it when they have time.

They are always improving BIOS and would always love to hear what customers need, shoot them an email and ask them to pass along the suggestion to the BIOS engineers
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

Hello all, I'm new to this forum :p

I have a memory problem with my GA-EX58-DS4. I have encountered a thread where a few users have the identical issue and they had to RMA their boards...I have an unreplied to support ticket with GB already. I am really hoping there is a fix as I believe it is broken code or something at the bios level...But barring that advice on the best way to do an RMA with Gigabyte would be greatly appreciated.

Right off the bat I should mention this is due to flashing my bios from f5f to f11...though I am certain I flashed correctly. I used a USB drive and Qflash, and loaded optimised defaults. No problems were encountered. Previous to the flash triple channel was running fine at 1580, 6x1 GB, 190 BCLK. All voltages STOCK, except for Vcore, which is even only at 1.34, a little less than intels warranty spec for my i7 920 @ 3.8 ghz. Yes...I lucked out on my proc. All torture tested with prime 95 and stable. DRAM at 1.5v as suggested for the ram.

Basically channel C is broken. If I put all my ram in, 6x1GB Aenon Xtune DDR3-1600 CL9 at the rated speed (1580 with my 190 bclk), it wont post. A restart will produce a screen saying that my system was unstable from overclocking, and four gigs will be detected. If I remove the memory from channel C, 4 gigs is still detected, but I can have it running at the old stable OC, 1580mhz (which isnt actually OC for the ram...it's rated slightly higher.) Oddly, with all the slots populated, it will set one timing for the ram in channel C, the first one, the other values are -. CPUZ sees it as 6gb running in triple channel, and DMIinfo sees it as well, though it says something about bank 4&5 for channel C, whereas channel a and b show their own banks...I have no idea what that means but I was looking for differences between the working channels and channel C. Windows (Vista x64) will see 6GB but task manager will only see 4. I have checked my socket for bent pins, tried reseating the heatsink a couple times, made sure it wasn't on too tight. Of course I have tested all my ram in the working slots and they are fine. I have flashed to older and newer BIOS. Older versions of the bios will have every timing set for the ram in channel C, except "turnaround time" which is -. But post on old bios will still show 4gb despite that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading my lengthy post.

Where do you live first of all, and I can direct you to where you need to go to setup a RMA

Flashing from F5 to F11 should not cause any issues, provided you did it safely and nothing went wrong, as you mentioned all sounds good.

All voltages stock is a problem, especially at 190 Bclk.

Missing memory can be several things, most often this is caused by bent CPU socket pins or a poorly seated CPU. In your case though I think you may be falling into one of the other causes categories, which is incorrect voltages and settings. Incorrect amounts of Uncore, QPI/Vtt, and Vdimm can cause this easily. This is something I can fully reproduce on my end anytime by using wrong settings, and since you mentioned all voltages stock I suspect this is the problem and we should look into that before you go as far as checking your CPU socket pins.

Please copy your initial post, my reply, and your new reply all into a new thread so I can further help you. Please grab a template from my signature and include in that post your full specs (Including BIOS Version and Ram link) and current problematic full settings.

So if your memory is ddr2 rated @ 800 4 4 4 12 36 2t and your overclocking a cpu(Q9650) with a 1333 fsb with a GA X48-D6 will the processor fsb being locked @ 1333 be a choke on the overclock? Or would i benifit remarkably from a ram upgrade even if it has looser timings Gskill
    F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI
    ddr2100 5-5-5-15 would this give the cpu more headroom therefore taking more advantage of the oc'd fsb

X48-DQ6 rev.01 , Q9650 ,

ZALMAN
    CNPS 9700 NT

idles 28c peaks under load 47-50c

<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 10px; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 1.2em; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px" class=specification cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(231,231,231) 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(231,231,231) 1px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; WIDTH: 296px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; CLEAR: right; FONT-SIZE: 1em; BORDER-TOP: red 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: red 0px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px" class=desc itxtvisited="1">G.SKILL
    F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B 8 gig

</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(231,231,231) 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: red 0px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; WIDTH: 126px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; FONT-SIZE: 1em; BORDER-TOP: red 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: red 0px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px" class=name itxtvisited="1">
    SUPER TALENT
    MasterDrive SX
    SAM28GM25S

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(231,231,231) 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(231,231,231) 1px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; WIDTH: 296px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; CLEAR: right; FONT-SIZE: 1em; BORDER-TOP: red 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: red 0px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px" class=desc itxtvisited="1"></TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(231,231,231) 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: red 0px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; WIDTH: 126px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; FONT-SIZE: 1em; BORDER-TOP: red 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: red 0px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px" class=name itxtvisited="1">ssd
    XFX Radeon HD 4890 CrossfireX with another same
    </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(231,231,231) 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(231,231,231) 1px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.2em; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; WIDTH: 296px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; CLEAR: right; FONT-SIZE: 1em; BORDER-TOP: red 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: red 0px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px" class=desc itxtvisited="1">Lg dvd rw drive</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Chike is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mad user View Post
    So if your memory is ddr2 rated @ 800 4 4 4 12 36 2t and your overclocking a cpu(Q9650) with a 1333 fsb with a GA X48-D6 will the processor fsb being locked @ 1333 be a choke on the overclock? Or would i benifit remarkably from a ram upgrade even if it has looser timings Gskill
    F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI
    ddr2100 5-5-5-15 would this give the cpu more headroom therefore taking more advantage of the oc'd fsb
    Higher FSB will result in better memory performance.
    DRR-800 4-4-4-12 will be usually capable to do DDR-1000 or more with 5-5-5-15/18 timings.
    DDR-1066 may result with slightly better memory performance, not much gain is at all in real life use, DR-1200 is very expensive and IMO does not worth the money, and there's no quarantee it will operate at this speed.
    Start overclocking as you are now, then based on benchmarks/use see if you want to upgrade.

Keep in mind also your FSB is not locked at 1333Mhz, you only need to increase the FSB to whatever you want then you can adjust the ram speed accordingly.

with my cpu @ 400x9= 3.6 and selecting ram @ 200D giving the ram a 400 FSB
    i find this game my fav fps very well and is very stable. is there any advantage to
    selecting a lower fsb for the ram if i gain less than an 10% oc on the ram ?

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information