Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Gigabyte X48-DQ6 reboot/hang problem

Default Re: Gigabyte X48-DQ6 reboot/hang problem

Looks fine. There's a lot of room for overclocking of course and some for fine-tuning RAM timings of course.
    If you use 8GB at 1066 you may need to increase (G)MCH overvoltage by about 0.1-0.25V. This is the voltage of the memory controller which has do quite a bit of work with 8GB at 1066MHz.

Upgraded CPU from 3.0 Duo (E8400) to 3.0 Quad (Q9650) - started to get strange reboots - first it goes BSOD than reboot and bios "recovers" itself to old F6 ...

Using 4x2GB Coursar RAM (the one with leds) , no overclocking , everything on auto etc.
    Worked fine almost a year with same settings and E8400 before. Even with same F7c beta BIOS worked ok for a month or so. Problems started after CPU change (the new CPU is at 37C so temp is not a problem).

So I changed in BIOS the mode ftom "Turbo" to "Normal" and it workes fine now for a week or so.

So it's something between memory and CPU ...
    Last edited by Lord KiRon; 05-03-2009 at 04:16 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Did you load optimized defaults when you put in the new CPU, if not you need to. I would do that now, or flash the latest BIOS and do it after that

Ya, Turbo likely put and extra strain on the NB using a quad that you did not have when using a dual. So I would advise if you want to use Turbo to set your own voltages, you need more MCH manually set anyway for 8GB. Maybe set 1.26-1.34 MCH and set your ram voltage manually

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Did you load optimized defaults when you put in the new CPU, if not you need to. I would do that now, or flash the latest BIOS and do it after that
    Sure I did , I did even more - cleared the CMOS and than loaded optimized defaults.
    Then manually set everything as I liked/used to.

As for other optimizations you suggested - I need to understand first if I really need this "Turbo" thing before increasing voltage.
    What it really gives , is performance increase really worth it ?

hey there. im glad i came across this thread. I also have the same problem. Can someone advice me? i have the x48t-dq6 mobo with q9550 2.83 cpu and 2x2gb patriot 1333mhz ram (9 9 9 24 ) 750 watt power supply. i think the problem has to do with the ram and voltage but dunno where to start. when i lower the cpu multiplier the pc sometimes boots sometimes not. all settings are at default. any help will be much apreciated.

is your power supply up to all that hardware?
    i'm pushing virtually the same setup and found stability @ 3.6 using the bfg 1000 pwrsupply availabble from bestbuy it supports higher amperage to the vid cards than most. more current is always good i'm talking flow headroom not voltage
    now to go through my bios (no overclock on my ram 8gig gskill ddr2800)

graphics boost turbbo
    cpu ratio 9x
    fine cpu 0
    cpu freq 3.6 (400x9)
    cpu host (400)
    pci (100)
    cia dis
    performance enhance standard
    spd 2.00D
    mem freq 800
    dram spd manual
    gskill specs 4 4 4 12 trc 36
    sys voltages manual
    ddr2 over 0.05+ = 1.84 RAM RATED 1.8
    pcie normal
    fsb over 0.05+
    cpu voltage 1.35000v
    i am thinking of upgrading the ram to gskills ddr2 1100
    because these sticks don't seem to oc more than 5%
    even at that i'm netting win perf index of 7.4 7.4 7.6 7.6 and 5.9 from an ssd that began life giving 7.4 then settled in for 7.0 for quite a while even scoring 5.9 it's better than moving parts
    i think the key to my stable oc has been to settle for the 800 speed of the ram but to tweak the bios to get that @ 1:1 with the ram fsb set to 400 and the cpu bus set to 1600 hope this helps

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information