Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

My conversation with Gigabyte has continued as follows:

I said:

According to the other users experiencing this problem, is occurs most frequently with 2X2GB RAM configurations.

There is nothing wrong with this memory!

There is no reason why this motherboard should cause blue screens with 2X2GB RAM from Kingston or any other respectable manufacturer.

Please acknowledge that this is a real problem and take the required steps to fix it. Thank you!

Gigabyte replied:

You had attempted to test with 1gb modules without the same issue?
    If you are certain that the board is the issue you may send in the board for our team to further examine and can submit your rma request through the below website

rma_index

I since asked:

Why shouldn't the board support 2X2GB Ram? This is a repeatable issue experienced by many people! This is a software issue and the BIOS needs revision. Please test multiple configurations using 2X2GB RAM and issue a BIOS update to correct these errors that your users are experiencing. I should not have to RMA my board when this is a software issue.

So... that's that so far. We'll see what the reply is.

Gigabyte replied:

There should not be any issue with 2gb module, you can try with the F10g beta bios posted on our website to see if it'll make any difference with your memory

GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS Download

I answered:

I have tried that BIOS already.

The error occurs with users using 2X2GB. Other configurations work without issue on their systems. Shouldn't 2X2GB work too? Has this configuration been thoroughly tested in your labs? Is Gigabyte working on a software solution to this issue? Is anyone taking these problems seriously?

From the replies that I am getting it seems as though you think this is an isolated issue, but this is a repeatable problem affecting many users.

Question Gigabyte EP43-DS3r

Hello read the forum and I have the same problem but the Gigabyte Ep43-DS3R Gigabyte also knows if someone is doing something to fix it?

I have memories G. Skill DDR2 1066 (2x2gb)

Since they are apparently incapable of providing a reasonable response, I have composed one for them. Gigabyte, feel free to cut and paste this post into future responses to your customers:

"Dear Valued Customer, We regret to inform you that we are indeed having some problems with P43/45 chipsets properly returning from S3 standby. This is an issue that was previously addressed for the P35 chipset, and we are now working on a fix for the P43/45 boards. Though we cannot promise an exact date for a fix, we are doing everything we can to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We regret the inconvenience, but in the meantime, we suggest that you either use a different memory configuration, or refrain from using S3 standby (using S1 or S4 as alternatives). Again, our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. We value all our customers and hope you will continue to support us as we resolve this issue.
    Best regards,
    Gigabyte Technical Support"

Now, was that so difficult??
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Holy crap! PROGRESS!!!

Gigabyte Replied:

2 2xgb has been tested in our lab, unfortunately we might not have the same memory available as you have available to test therefore we are unable to verified your memory.
    We will have our team run tests again with 2gb modules

I elaborated:

Thank you for doing further testing!

For your information, the RAM I am using is Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2-800.

Here are the specs:

Model
    Brand Kingston
    Model KVR800D2K2/4GR
    Type 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM
    Tech Spec
    Capacity 4GB (2 x 2GB)
    Speed DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
    Cas Latency 5
    Voltage 1.8V
    Heat Spreader No

Please reference my earlier questions for more information on my whole system.

Again, thank you for taking the time to research this! The community of your users dealing with this issue greatly appreciate it!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Kythlyn

Please ask them in your next email, what 2GB modules they are testing with exactly. Makes me wonder, but like I said before they said the same responses you are getting with P35 issues. Which they eventually fixed.

The boards support 16GB, I feel sorry for anyone who uses 8Gb or 16GB and tries to use S3 for sure.

Happy Days! The techs at Gigabyte have solved my problem!

If you recall my previous posts on this thread, I have a GA-EP45C-DS3R motherboard and 2 x 2GB Crucial RAM. The PC had issues resuming from S3 and would BSOD consistently. I opened a support request with Gigabyte and also changed my RAM from DDR3 2 x 2GB to DDR2 2 x 2GB but the issues persisted.

I pointed to this thread as proof that this is a wider problem which affects the P45 motherboards. The problem was finaly solved after Gigabyte sent me a BIOS revision (f4) which fixed the issue. This together with changing my DRAM voltage from 1.8v to 2.1v has given me a stable system that can go in and out of S3 without any issues.

For those of you who have this issue, I would advise please open a support request and persist with it. Also point to this thread as its a wider problem with the P45.

Gigabyte Replied

Since our team do not have the same memory as your available they will test with memory which they have in their lab. Also can you check the LOT# of the board which you have which is located on the side of the audio ports. You will need to remove the board from the case to provide the LOT#. Take a picture of that portion for us.

Thank you

I whimpered:

Is there any other way to get the LOT#? I really can't "remove the board". I wasn't the one that built the computer and I am not able to take the system apart (which is part of the reason that I really do not want to RMA the board).

Gigabyte punched me in the stomach:

There are only one lot# printed on the board, you will need to remove the board in order to obtain this information. We do apologize for the incovenience.

Sooooooooo... I don't want get my own lot number. Can you guys provide some lot numbers from your boards? I want to provide them with a small list of lot numbers to reference so hopefully they can determine if there is any specific batch of boards causing the problem.

I really hope this problem can be solved without an RMA. It seems to be widespread, my cousin and I purchased GA-EP45-DS3R's and both of us have the sleep issue too.
    Intel Q9550
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R(F10)
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283
    2x2GB DDR2 800 PC6400 OCZ Gold
    625W MODU+82 Enermax PSU
    Radeon HD 4870x2
    Western Digital SE16 640GB
    Antec P182 SE

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information