Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

Add me to the list of frustrated people with S3 wake up issues. I'm using 2 x 2Gb Kingston, Vista X64. Have spent the last week fixing various problems with this build including bad drivers and incompatible hardware. Multiple BSOD's and crashes. I updated the bios from F5 to F10g with resolution of the crashes and blue screens. I still have the problem with the system not waking from S3; S1 seems OK. When I attempt to wake the system from S3, it is unresponsive with a blank screen. I can only get the system running with a complete power down and restart.

I will be happy to add my complaint to Gigabyte if it will help light a fire under them to fix the problem. This seems to be a fairly widespread bug.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

See page 7 for lot number location, you may not have to remove your board if you have a removable tray, or can just remove your GFX card and get your eyes in there. It is under the audio port's silver box. I would advise you not to use someone else's batch # incase it is a random thing with your board in that case (Which I doubt, but ya never know).

I do not think it has anything to do with batches, since everyone I know with P45 has this issue, as far as I know. Same as P35 without the BIOS fix.

Well I asked my contact at gigabyte if she could put me in contact with someone who may work closer to the BIOS team, and she did. He is already here as a member, and has helped before get things accomplished. As well as Janus will also be contacted, which some of you may know is also a MOD here

So I will be contacting all three GA contacts with this issue tonight when I get home, and trying to get a more direct answer as to when a BIOS plans to be made or if they are indeed really thinking it is a set of random boards like before with P35. I will point out this thread of course, and hopefully they will for sure get this info to the BIOS team. Instead of, as it is now maybe, just letting tech support people try to solve this.

I fully believe all P43/45's are affected across the board, as I see it on MANY Forums. And I further feel it can be fixed with a proper BIOS update just like P35 was.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-17-2008 at 03:52 AM.

To get the lot number, you need just to have good eyes and remove the graphic card. So remove the graphics card, lay the pc on the side and look from the bottom to the audio port box. That worked for me. I just don't know why they would want the lot# if they have the serial number already, but we do all we can (even if its mostly waiting lol).

Thank you for your efforts Lsdmeasap, that gives me new hopes.

I'm sure all this lot # business is just giving us something to do so we feel like at least *something* is happening. As Mr. Moeller has pointed out, what manufacturing process doesn't keep track of what serial numbers were produced in what batch?? Makes you wonder. I *DID* have to remove my mobo to get the number, BECAUSE GIGABYTE TOLD ME THE WRONG LOCATION TO FIND THE NUMBER!! You can get it off the green label on the audio riser without removing the board from the case.
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Post Re: GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

I just wanted to follow up on my post from the 6th page of this thread. Really just to note that I have G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) PC8500 - in case a certain brand of RAM was being blamed. Looks to be a lot of different brands, though - with the common thread being this board and Vista.

I really like this board - so I have gotten used to just shutting down. But I sure miss the speed of S3 sleep!
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
    Gigabyte P45-DS3R (BIOS F10)
    Zalman 9700NT HSF
    Vista x64 SP1 / WindowsXP SP3
    G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) PC8500
    Sapphire ATI 4870x2 (Catalyst 8.9)
    Corsair HX1000 P/S

Has anyone been able to confirm a set of RAM that does allow this board to go in and out of S3 in windows vista with stability?

Did you ask about what specific 2x2 Ram they are using to test with that is working?

I have not got around to making out my letter to them, but Will get it done tonight or in the AM for sure.

Sorry for my delay guys, Hopefully Someone will come look into this deeper when I do inquire for you all, and for sure let the BIOS team know if they have not already been notified

I have emailed my Contacts at Gigabyte, with all our concerns about this issue. I will keep everyone informed of what info I receive

Per Gigabyte:

We are using Mushkin and Corsair Dominator series memory in our lab.

I've been in contact with them too. They asked me to install XP and see what happens. I can't right now because my hard drive only has 1 partition, and I don't want to buy another hard drive. Anyone with a second free hard drive wanna install XP and see if it works?

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information