Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

I can assure you it wasn't unstable. I ran Prime95 for over 24hours, passed OCCT custom 2 hours, Intel Burn Test for 10 loops (running Intel Burn Test for 15 minutes is equivalent to running Prime 95 for over 40 hours apparently) and run memtest for over 24 hours (several hours with different RAM configurations), played all my games without any problems. So I spent a few days stressing the crap out of this PC and didn't get a single error.

So for it to boot up and get BSoD before it even hits the welcome screen as soon as I updated the BIOS something is definitely not right. And I ain't no noob at overclocking either, been doing it for about 2 years now But most of that time had been with AMD system, I'm new to Intel and Gigabyte motherboards so if you insist I will create a new thread.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well when you updated the BIOS did you load optimized defaults and save and apply? If not then you did not flash properly. If you did, are you sure you got each and every setting set the exact same again?

But yeah, Things do change with each BIOS version, so in the end you may just have to tweak it all to your liking again

I didnt by any means you were a noob at overclocking, just had to ask because you never know... Ya know.

So really no offense meant and I do believe you, I just had to ask to be sure. Some people's Idea of stable is far different then others.

I don't really insist. But if you do need help getting stable now again I can sure help ya try.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well when you updated the BIOS did you load optimized defaults and save and apply? If not then you did not flash properly.
    No I did not do this. Never knew you had too. I read somewhere that updating the BIOS may reset all your settings but not cause any problems. I never had this problem when flashing to other BIOSes (When checking to see if any other BIOS had the S3 problem).

I will give it a go running everything stock and try again. And yes everything is EXACTLY the same, when you spend hours upon hours (more like days and weeks if you include the time stressing for stability) and constantly changing every option very small steps at a time it starts becoming very repetitive and it sticks to your head, so I know about 20 different stable overclock settings like I know the back of my hand but only 1 of those outperform all the rest and it's the one I "was" using.

When I have the time I will make a new thread and see if I can get a little bit of help. People said overclocking Intel CPUs was very easy and all you need to do is raise the FSB, but overclocking to get the best results I'm fiddling aorund with loads more stuff then I did with my AMD setup.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, you MUST load optimized defaults then save and apply, and reboot back to the BIOS. This is a very important part of the flash, yes your settings will be lost for sure.

Once you reboot back to the BIOS BE SURE BEFORE you save any settings and try to start windows that you go and set your disk settings again! If you do not do this and you are using a RAID you will corrupt your array.

Ya, I hear ya! I know alot of mine as well!

It is a bit more involved then changing the FSB, which you surely know by now. And with a P45 there is tons of settings, way more then P35

Ya, if you do need help feel free to make a thread and I can help ya out

Hi,

Any idea if they're working o nthe S3 fix for the G45 board and, if so, when the updated bios may be available?

Regards

Success! I signed up just to post this reply.

I've been having consistent S3 sleep resume problems with 2x2GB of memory as well with this motherboard (Vista 64 ultimate).

After throwing on the latest bios F10 I was STILL getting errors.

I also had some instability (rapid reboots) after applying the bios and it reverted back to the F7 version when making a few changes to it.

To remedy this I followed some advice further back in the this thread:

**** After flashing the BIOS to F10 - LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS - save and restart THEN configure your custom bios settings.

After doing this I was finally able to go to sleep for the first time and resume successfully :)

I should point out however that my RAM timings are not the listed 5-5-5-18 spec, but are running at 6-6-6-18 iirc after loading optimized defaults (I never set this back).

I will be testing the following today:
    -Sleep for several hours and resume stability.
    -Bringing my ram timings back to the tighter spec and testing sleep resume stability.

I'm so happy there is progress with this issue, many thanks for everyones input.

Specs:
    E8500
    9800 GX2
    OCZ Gold XTC 5-5-5-18 2x2GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800
    Vista 64 Ultimate
    Onboard Raid enabled for OS

Just for the record, I have been been going in and out of S3 for days without a reboot and without a single hitch. Everything is performing as it should, and the BIOS update to fix this certainly was the "silver bullet" that many of us were waiting for. Very happy...
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Well it looks like I may be on a similar but not the same issue :(

For the first time i was able to go to sleep AND resume. Was very happy, however after several tests today i found that it has issues GOING to sleep. The monitor will turn off, the hard drive will flicker a bit and then it enver shuts the fans up or wakes up for anything.

Any ideas?

Waking up from Sleep (the few times it has worked) is fine now :) its just GOING to sleep that is a problem.

I am having the S3 sleep problems with a new Gigabyte GA-EG43M-S2H G43 motherboard. I have installed the latest F5k BIOS. I only have 2x1GB of RAM (not 2x2GB) and tried running it at 1.9V without success - should I try running with 2.1V?

Gigabyte support said there was a problem with 2x2GB of RAM but I had clearly stated that I am running 2x1GB of RAM. I have installed Vista Business 64-bit (yes I am going to be installing more memory when everything is working).

- Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by brookheather View Post
    I only have 2x1GB of RAM (not 2x2GB) and tried running it at 1.9V without success - should I try running with 2.1V?
    You should use what is specified by the RAM manufacturer (or maybe 0.05 - 0.1V above that because of voltage drop on the board). And of course the correct RAM timings, specified as well by the RAM manufacturer.

If memtest86+ runs without error and the only issue is with S3 sleep, than maybe its the same problem as with the GA-EP45-D3SR and only a new BIOS can fix it.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information