Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

Yep, today I stopped being lazy for a few minutes and decided to flash the BIOS again using default BIOS settings. Lucky for me my motherboard has a cool little button I press that resets everything in the BIOS to default. So after flashing again and setting my overclock settings back to what I had before my PC is going strong. Ran Intel Burn Test for 10 loops and passed it with ease at 4.08GHz.

Funny that a few minutes after testing I got a BSoD whilst browsing the net, but I think my RAM may be slightly faulty as EVERY single BSoD I've had so far (except the one with the BCCode of 124) all related to memory. I'll probably give these memory modules away and buy news ones.

Nevermind, I spoke to soon, left it in sleep mode over night and when I turned it back on I got repeating reboot loops and no matter what I did nothing fixed it

If I don't get this resolved soon I think I'm gonna

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Did you properly flash to the new BIOS when you flashed?

I have been out of action for a few weeks also and yesterday flashed to F10 expecting to get the S3 problem solved, but while my little e2180 is stable at 3Ghz (memtest overnight, 1 hour OCCT, and four hours prime95 2 threads) the reboot loop on coming back from S3 sleep still happens. Running at stock speed with optimised defaults doesn't work either, but instead of a reboot loop, it just keeps running with a screen that never comes out of power save. Changing primary dislay to PEG also makes no difference. Power supply is a Seasonic 550W and the graphics card is just a little HTPC Asus 3450 so I should have plenty of juice. Memory is 4 modules of A-Data 1GB running at stock 800 speed on SPD settings running at 2.1V to be safe.

This is exactly the same symptoms as before the F10 Bios (I was last using F10g beta, before that a few flashes from the original F4).

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Did you properly flash to the new BIOS when you flashed?
    It said it was successful. I fload optimized defaults, flashed back to F7, load optimized defaults again flashed back to F8, set all overclocking settings back, first boot success, ran Intel Burn Test 10 loops, success, browsed internet, BSoD (and straight after the BSoD my browser popped back up with huge block distortion. Rebooted, succesful, put in sleep for a few seconds then woke it back up successfully, ran a few games and benchmarks all successfully.

Went to bed and put PC into sleep mode, woke it up in morning to get constant reboot loops, turned PC off for over a minute, turned it back on still the same thing, when I managed to get into the BIOS it said something about an overclock went wrong or something. Sigh, I'll do some more research then make a thread so perhaps you can help with my overclocking.

After you flashed to F8 did you again load optimized defaults? That does not seem to be part of your explaination, If not you must.

Ram voltages set properly, including MCH and Vtt for your overclock?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    After you flashed to F8 did you again load optimized defaults? That does not seem to be part of your explaination, If not you must.

Ram voltages set properly, including MCH and Vtt for your overclock?
    Wait your supposed to load optimized defaults before and AFTER you flash? Whats the difference of loading optimized defaults after flashing, how will it make any difference. None the less I'm currently using optimized defaults now as I didn't have much choise considering my overclock didn't work to well.

I'll make a new thread now and perhaps I can get some help.

You do not HAVE to before, it is just stated most of the time to people because most overclock and if your overclock is not 100% stable then your flash may fail because of this. I never do it before myself, but I know my system

Yes, ALWAYS After for sure. It even tells you this on the page you download the BIOS from

It must be done in order to clear the CMOS and DMI pool to properly load all of the new BIOS settings and put them into effect

After flashing to F9 and loading optimized defaults my EP45-DS4 went in and out of S3 without a hitch, until a couple of days ago it just stopped working again, with no changes to the hardware configuration. I tried resetting to the optimized settings again but that didn't work. I can't think of anything that has changed in my setup that might cause this. The behavior is exactly the same as before F9.
    All BIOS settings have been left untouched except that the SATA is set to AHCI mode on all 6 ports, and I disabled the floppy interface, IDE, COM port and Azalia. Everything else is stock speed. Anyone have any ideas?

Optimized defaults must only be loaded after the flash. After that you must set your own settings, and make the system fully stable. Auto is not going to work and be stable in most 95% of people's setups.

Never disable Floppy, and you should always have one installed. And it should be first boot device, it can save you from a future RMA

Even at stock speeds you may need other adjustments, likely voltages for one for sure. This is especially true if you are using 2x2GB or ram that is not 1.8V default ram. What is your system specs?

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information