Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    What system are you using? Not sure if this works in XP, but you can check. If vista, what does this command show you (Windows Key + R, type in Cmd and then paste the following. Checks to see if S3 is enabled >>>
    Code:
    powercfg -a
    Front panel LED should be OFF when in S3 mode, only S1 blinks
    it says S3 is enabled

What system are you using? Not sure if this works in XP, but you can check. If vista, what does this command show you (Windows Key + R, type in Cmd and then paste the following. Checks to see if S3 is enabled >>>
    Code:
    powercfg -a
    Front panel LED should be OFF when in S3 mode, only S1 blinks
    it says S3 is enabled

I have some Crucial on the way for testing next week so I will be for sure then of what is a acceptable low trfc, but for now I would advise 54-65 or so for 4x1

Please do Enable S3 in the BIOS before you check that command, just to be sure when it is enabled S3 is shown as available to you. And also when you do have S3 enabled, Run this command to check what devices are set to be allowed to wake the system >>>
    Code:
    powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    it says:
    HID-compliant mouse
    High Defintion Audio Controller
    Last edited by ssabripo; 10-18-2008 at 06:58 AM.

btw, looks like S3 is now working (at least it has 3 times in a row)....I think the Trfc value, and the MCH core to 1.34v did the trick.

keeping fingers crossed!

Hi,

I found this thread after my newly build rig keeps getting BSOD almost every time it comes back from sleep.

Specs:

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R
    Q6600
    4x1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800
    Vista Ultimate 64bit

The board I got shipped with F5. Should I flash the bios straight to F10 or go from F5 to F7 to F9 and then F10? I've never had to flash bios before and I'm following the instructions in this thread.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Just wanna make sure I'm doing everything correctly.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Flash to the F10 BIOS - that's the one that fixes the S3 problem for your board. No need to flash the intervening versions. If you follow LSD's instructions carefully, you should have no problems.
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nice to see you got it working ssabripo, I will follow up with you in your main thread you have as well.

@ bennyu, as said above, yes you may flash right to F10. Be sure to Load optimized afterwards and set ram voltage, then save and apply and reboot BACK to the BIOS to make any changes you need to such as RAID for sure. DO NOT Try to load windows after you load optimized without setting your disk settings again or you will corrupt your RAID array. And for 4x1GB be sure you manually set the ram voltage, and add some MCH (1.2-1.3).

If you need more help with your settings once you get flashed (As you will see a all new BIOS with many more settings) feel free to make a new thread and I will help you out. Post your spec there as well if you do so I don't have to hunt them down again.

Thanks mxcrowe and Lsdmeasap for your replies.

@Lsdmeasap, thanks for the great guide. I followed it carefully and it only took minutes to flash the bios. The board is running on F10 right now and it's been days without BSOD...kinda miss it...haha.

HAHA, Miss the BSOD eh!

I can make you a .reg key that will create a Hotkey so you can BSOD anytime you want, just let me know.

Nice to hear you are up and running smoothly!

bump.. should I make a new thread?
    I should add that MCH is at 1.3V and I have just disabled legacy USB also. I still get lights off, then reboot loop after sleep until AC power is turned off. On switching on again, it then boots OK and does a "resuming windows" like after hibernate.

The machine never crashes otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrucegraham View Post
    I have been out of action for a few weeks also and yesterday flashed to F10 expecting to get the S3 problem solved, but while my little e2180 is stable at 3Ghz (memtest overnight, 1 hour OCCT, and four hours prime95 2 threads) the reboot loop on coming back from S3 sleep still happens. Running at stock speed with optimised defaults doesn't work either, but instead of a reboot loop, it just keeps running with a screen that never comes out of power save. Changing primary dislay to PEG also makes no difference. Power supply is a Seasonic 550W and the graphics card is just a little HTPC Asus 3450 so I should have plenty of juice. Memory is 4 modules of A-Data 1GB running at stock 800 speed on SPD settings running at 2.1V to be safe.

This is exactly the same symptoms as before the F10 Bios (I was last using F10g beta, before that a few flashes from the original F4).

Any ideas?

Did you properly flash? Meaning Load and apply/save/reboot after you flashed to the latest BIOS? Yes, if you like you can make a new thread. If you do please post your full specs again, and the settings you are using (And your issue, I may forget as I am about to leave for the night)

Being that Optimized defaults at stock does not Resume for you properly is a major issue and I think you may have other problems. S3 Resume is never a issue at stock, even with the older BIOS's, only when overclocked

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread Information