Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3R unstable after sending to S3(STR) sleep state

The chipset is still new, the mobo makers are in that mad dance trying to make it all work. I see that F10g (Beta) BIOS is on the Gigabyte website now, noting improved memory performance. F10e was put there just a few days earlier. I will try F10 as soon as it leaves beta.

So for me it is best to use a workaround that I can live with for now, judging that is simpler than starting over with another brand and maybe finding a worse problem. If you google p45 problems etc you will find a variety of manufacturers represented.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

F10g... I just seen someone in a post a second ago post they just flashed with F10o

So it is out there in drones.

Maybe you guys need to find the F10o person and test that BIOS?

Ya, all chipsets always have thier issues... Seemed to normally be all worked out by the time the new one is ready to ship out. Well at least supposedly ready

Like I said a few post ago, the P45 was released and about I think a week or two later this S3 bug was fixed in P35. So when P55 comes out? HAHA the P45 S3 fix will be around

Will look now for F10o , will edit/post back

Here is the thread post # 26, PM user and ask him to post it here for testing. I doubt it works as the P35 one actually says S3 fix when it was posted >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...tml#post258191
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-03-2008 at 03:58 PM.

The thing that lowered my hopes of seeing a bios patch soon is that gigabyte support does not even seem to accept that there is a problem. And at the same time we see bios updates for "improved memory performance" and "Support DDR2 speed to 1333MHz and beyond by overclocking". If it was me, then I would fix first things like S3 and later if I really want, I would start trying to tweak performance. So this makes it not too unlikely that right now gigabyte is not even working on the S3 fix.

On the other hand, it is not unlikely, that the customer support does not really know what work is in progress with the bios etc. and does just some data collecting for the dev. team as well as give some general hints about how to fix common problems. But with these hints not really being board specific or anything.

About F10o: That is a BIOS for the GA-EP45-DQ6 board and it is available officially from the gigabyte website. Gigabyte seems to have different versioning for each version of their EP45 mainboards. From the description the BIOS F10o for GA-EP45-DQ6 seems to be the BIOS F9 for GA-EP45-DS3R ("Support DDR2 speed to 1333MHz and beyond by overclocking").

Ohh is it!

Sorry then about that!

Good luck with this, I will post if I see any beta's floating around

Anyone emails Janus he will send you Beta's

Ok, i'm fairly certain I'm experiencing the same symptoms here, i just want to verify the BSODs you guys are getting. i'm getting a few different ones.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

I'm not exactly a power user (yet) this is my first build, and I've been mining the site as a guest.

After reading the thread I want to think that all the blue screens I've seen have been after a sleep.

specs are
    MB: GA-EP43-DS3L
    CPU: E7200
    Memory: OCZ OCZ2P1066 (2x2gb, just ordered 2 more of the same)
    Videocard: gigabyte GeForce 9600 GT 512mb
    vista 64bit home premium SP1

I haven't done much with the BIOS, I did pull the freshest release from gigabyte about a week ago (f7)

I've turned off the auto DRAM timing and set it to manual 5-5-5-18
    and increased the voltage to 2.1v as per OCZ documentation.

thats really all i've touched.

most of the time I got these two

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

after resuming, maybe the third one as well, but these two for sure.

Lots to reply to here:
    @mmoeller #69: My tests with 2x1GB were all stable, and all those tests were dual-channel. My tests with 2x2GB are now very stable, with the exception of "resume from S3", which BSODs whether in dual- or single-channel. But I must say that initially, the system was unstable in dual-channel mode and gave me serious memory problems that were only resolved when a) F7 came out, and b) I tweaked BIOS settings to the right combination. Yes, I still believe it is a BIOS problem. Unfortunately, it is very difficult for us users to draw too many conclusions from our little experiments as there are far too many variables and we don't have a "controlled" setup.

@LSD #70: I will try those suggested, fixed settings for MCH and DRAM voltage. Anything is worth a try. I understand about the fix you have mentioned for the P35 - the problem is, Gigabyte says nothing about that and treats each person who complains about this problem as if it is unique to their setup. I think that is a disingenuous approach to customer support, and in the long run, works to their disadvantage.

@jbruce #71: Yes, agreed. My workaround is to use 1 stick of 2GB for now. Nice and stable after S3 all night. Very convenient/half the memory...

@LSD #72: They sent me an F9 beta BIOS, but had no effect on S3. Can't use the F10o for the DS3R as I have the DS3L. Again, I understand the fix may be in the works. Their way of communicating that sucks. I get the impression the left hand has no idea what the right is doing. No inspiration to confidence in a technology provider, I assure you.

@mmoeller #73: Totally concur!! That's the main point!!

@LSD #74: If you have an ear there, politely suggest to them that they will do a whole lot for their image if they simply acknowledge the issue and assure the customers that they are working on a fix. The BS and run-around is not a good marketing tactic. My bill rate is a low $100/hr...I'd be happy to fly to Taipei and provide some much-needed business management consulting.

@Penumbra #75: Yes, you have the same sorts of symptoms. Get your BIOS settings dialed in and you should have stability with the exception of resumes from S3, which will blue screen within a variable amount of time. I don't believe the actual error code is relevant, as there are many that could come up if memory is corrupted. I have seen at least 5 different BSOD error codes.
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Ya, I think it is a language barrier more then anything else. I do talk some with Janus, but I am sure he is tired of hearing it as well, and has likely told them there is a issue for sure.

P35 was the same way, they did all of the same as mentioned here. And out of the blue BIOS fix was final and worked

Hope it will come soon for you guys!!

Well, the crack team at Gigabyte has determined that the best solution would be for me to send in my board for them to "examine" for an unspecified period of time. Despite the "resume from S3" fix provided for the P35-DQ6, they are still treating this as a unique anomaly to my system. *sigh* So, what do you do, L, leave your system on 24/7, or just deal with shutdown/bootup and be done with it?
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

I would keep my board, in hopes of a future BIOS release to address it. And yeap, settle for shut down/reboot. I use it all the time and I am alive!

Well there IS SEVERAL users who have posted this issue here, and more listed on google. Have you pointed them to this thread so you can tell them for sure it is not JUST YOU?

If you do not end up getting anywhere I will try my best to see if I can get a better answer from Janus, or my New Gigabyte contact I just made this week.

THANKS to our Admin (Mr. Tweak) CAM!!

She has asked me to forward any issues I send to Janus her way as well so she can help. I just would like to wait until next week or so, that way It does not look like I have just got her as a contact and already pushing support things on her... Know what I mean? Hope ya do.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information