Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: X48T-DQ6 LAN Teaming

Default Re: X48T-DQ6 LAN Teaming

Ok it seems that a lot of ppl don't understand nic teaming at all.

1/ It will not work with ISP's as this is meant for an internal network setup.

2/ To team you will also need a switch that also supports teaming (unless you're direct connecting 2 ps's that support teaming).

I hope that this will better explain what teaming is really all about.

MDDI is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by wayout44 View Post
    Ok it seems that a lot of ppl don't understand nic teaming at all.

1/ It will not work with ISP's as this is meant for an internal network setup.

2/ To team you will also need a switch that also supports teaming (unless you're direct connecting 2 ps's that support teaming).

I hope that this will better explain what teaming is really all about.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Thanks for your reply. I used the term "Teaming" mainly because that was the term used with the Gigabyte motherboard specifications.

I should have used "Bonding". I thought bonding was achievable through a WAN using two NIC's as one connection? Wikipedia below:

Channel bonding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What started my interest is Linux OS evidently supports bridging, bonding, link aggreation, teaming, ect.

Linux.com :: What can you do with a second Ethernet port?

Again, it all may be a moot point, Realtek doesn't have a driver/utility developed and Windows evidently doesn't support it?

So nobody has managed to team NICs with a x64 bit OS yet.
    This is one of the reasons to purchased the GA-EP45-DS5.

I know it is a different motherboard, however nobody has got it to work yet :(
    They need to release new drivers.
    This is so I can have a 2GB internal connection on my intranet.

Cheers

MH

I have the GA-EX58 Extreme and vista x64. I cannot get the teaming to work either.

After I create the teaming profile with the 2 realtek nics, it always says disabled or cable unplugged when it creates the local area 3 connection (virtual connection created from the teaming profile). Not sure why it doesent work, as I have succesfully enabled teaming with nvida network adapters in the past.

One thing other people might not realize, you need to make sure your switch/router supports the 802.3ad protocol for teaming. If your router/switch does NOT support this, it will not work. I use a Dell Powerconnect 2716 in my home, and this switch DOES support 802.3ad.

Im kinda stumped why this doesent work, and am curious to know if anyone got this working with 32 bit xp or vista. Please reply and let us know.

Thanks..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information