Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X48T-DQ6 LAN Teaming

MDDI is offline Junior Member

Default X48T-DQ6 LAN Teaming

My OS is XP x64. I have not been able to enable LAN Teaming. Seems Realtek has not completed driver/utility for 64 bit OS and the 8111C NIC.

Anybody had success enabling LAN Teaming with 64 bit OS?

Default Re: X48T-DQ6 LAN Teaming

eerrmm.....if someone could point me toward a "Lan teaming" article I'd appreciate it, thanks.

OK, does anyone even have LAN Teaming functional with 32 bit OS?

I have had other motherboards wth two NIC controllers and never considered the Teaming (bonding) capability.

Gigabyte advertises on the X48T-DQ6 packaging, as I'm sure other MB models with dual NIC, "2 Gigabit LAN Through Teaming".

So, you can double the bandwidth by using two single connections as one with Teaming enabled.

Has anyone found the driver/utility to do so?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I do know your ISP Must support the 2x bandwidth as well or you wont get a increase, which leaves this idea pretty Mute I would think because these are 100Mb connections right? No ISP even has 100Mb speeds to start with

But I guess in a home network or LAN environment that would be of use but not normal internet use

Thanks for the reply, you seem to be one of the person's on this forum who has the answers.

Your probably right, I just wanted to see.

When you buy something with a feature that does not work, the incentive is to make it work. Then you have the option to use it or not.

With the double bandwidth, I thought it might help not dropping packets?

I had a X48T-DQ6 rev 1.1 with BIOS F4. I am one of the unfortunate ones that flashed the corrupt F5 BIOS.

Gigabyte sent me a new replacement rev 1.3 board with F5 BIOS. There are some flakey things this new board is doing that the original was not. Maybe something with F5 BIOS, don't know yet. Might require a new post.

Anyway, after my original experience and my current issues I guess I have a strong desire to test all the features of this replacement board.

This is my first Gigabyte board and my faith in it is wavering. But, Gigabyte has not been any more or less supportive than the other MB manufacturers.

When you have a hardware issue it deosn't make much difference who in Asia made it, your going to communicate with someone who speaks Chinglish. Your issue may not be understood, so the replies are not usually that helpful.

Thanks again for your interest and reply. I believe that with your communication and others on this forum it will help me answer/correct my issues. That's why I am are here.

I am not sure if that would help in that or not. Sorry I can not be of more help in this area!

Well about your new board, have you tried it with the F4 BIOS that you were originally used to? Sometimes a new BIOS is often worse at certain things then previous ones. I'd test it out and see if it was me

Ya I often find it hard to communicate across boarders, wish it was more clear translations both ways for sure.

I do see why you would want to test every feature as would I. But for this questions about Dual LAN connections I dont have any answers other then what I said above. This for sure is one department I am lacking knowledge in!

Lsdmeasap,

Again, thanks for the reply.

I have considered flashing F4 again. I have changed some BIOS settings in F5, I want to see where that goes.

I'll start a new thread if I continue to have issues/questions. Please look for it if I do, your input is valuable.

I wish to see where this one goes. I'm hoping Gigabyte & Realtek make the driver/utility available for LAN Teaming as the board was advertised to have.

Marvell appears to have a Teaming driver/utility that other MB manufacturers use. There are some other forums discussing that.

Anytime, that is why I am here!

Ya, BIOS options are more my area, so if you need help with MIT settings or anything feel free to make a thread and I will help much as I can

Have you asked Realtek about this driver or issue at all?

Oh yes,

I contacted Gigabyte in May just after I purchased my original board. They said to contact Realtek.

Realtek said the Teaming driver should be done the end of June. They said they would email me the driver/utility when it was completed.

Now Realtek does not respond.

Again, I have a second NIC that does nothing. Gigabyte advertises that it does something with Teaming enabled.

I want to see. Even if the performance gain is little or nothing, who knows? There's a mixed bag of performance opinions about this with the Marvell NIC.

I would like the option to see/test myself. Because it's there and Gigabyte advertises it as a feature. Is it a + feature? Guess we won't know until we try.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information