Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3R BIOS Problems

CaneMan is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3R BIOS Problems

What I don't understand is that the USB drive is shown as one of the drives together with the other Hard Drives, but not under Q-Flash

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

What do you mean? You cannot see your USB Stick in Qflash?

If not try reformatting it as FAT32 or FAT16 and also check if you have Legacy USB Storage Detect Enabled in the Integrated Peripherals page. Please disable this after you are done if you do not plan to use a USB Storage Drive as it often causes issues.

And be sure to leave the USB stick in when you reboot, it must be left in to show up

LSD,
    Do you recommend not using @BIOS to flash up? I have used it for all my flashes so far, seemingly without problem. I've heard others say not to do it this way.
    Semi-off-topic: I noticed that the F8 bios is out for the EP45-DS3L. Do you have any word that this update addresses the "Resume from S3 Standby Crashing Problem"?
    BTW, great name, great avatar, fantastic forum!!
    -MXC

Yes, DO NOT USE @BIOS!!!

You have gotten lucky, trust me you do not want to be added to the list of users who say "@BIOS Killed my Board"

It does not list that as part of the update so I would assume not, it will be listed for sure once fixed

Thanks about the name n such, Just came to me on one of those days... Ya know.

Roger that...loud and clear...thanks!
    I sure hope Gigabyte is getting the message about these BSODs on resume from standby.
    -MXC
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Ya, I am sure they are. Email tech about it, the more people that do the better.

They just fixed it in P35 so they should be soon doing so for P45 and the more emails they get about it the more they should realize it is also in P45 (Which I am sure they know)

ed1 is offline Member

If I'm not mistaken, the USB drive is listed as "HDD" in the Q-flash program. So that may be the source of some confusion.

Ya, it is listed as HDD or disk often. I always tell everyone to look thru all presented "Options/disks"

Hi everyone, just joined this forum. I too have an issue with BIOS loading. I just got a ep45-DS4P board and it came with F3 bios. Having some issue with PCI graphic card so decided to update to the newest BIOS. The newest one for this board is F7. I extracted the .exe and copied the .F7 BIOS to a floppy. In Q-Flash I tried to load the new BIOS. But Q-Flash keeps displaying a Checksum 8F00 after reading this BIOS. I've tried using a USB key also but no luck. THe other BIOSs (F4, F5) also show the checksum message (different number though). Has anyone seen this? Thanks for all your help.

Qflash is supposed to show you a checksum number before you hit OK. That is normal so that incase you know the checksum value you can verify that it is correct before you flash.

Flash away, and please see the thread I posted about BIOS flashing if you are unsure about any of it >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information