Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Optimized Default RAID Failed!!

Default Optimized Default RAID Failed!!

Using GA-EX38-DQ6 for 6 months now. Just bought a new Intel 9550 Penryn Proc to install. Decided I should set BIOS to optimized defaults. after rebooting to be sure all is OK, I get No Hard Disk error, realize I had to change BIOS back to RAID 0 (Using Intel Raid). After turning on RAID, now the menu says RAID Failed. I am assuming raid volumes are now corrupted (luckily I did a full backup prior.) I replaced the old CPU with new CPU, now the machine is in a continuous reboot cycle. I've tried using the RESET CMOS pin short to no avail. I wish I hadn't started any of this!!
    How can I get back on track and get this machine up and running again?
    Tom Rope

GA-EP45=DS3R
    Intel QX9550
    nVidia 8800GTS 640MB
    4GB Corsair 8500 C5D 1066Mhz
    1TB Seagate Barracuda Raid 0

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Optimized Default RAID Failed!!

Yes, after loading Optimized defaults (Which you Must do anytime you add new CPU or Flash to a new BIOS) Please reboot once and then make proper changes in the BIOS disk area Before trying to start windows

First I would clear CMOS again with a Hard Drive or Optical jumper on the pins for about 20 Minutes. Unplug your PSU first. Then after the wait remove the jumpers and plug the PSU back in and again go in and load optimized defaults.

While you do this, remove all but one stick of ram in slot one until you get it all squared away.

What did you use to flash with, or did you even flash? If not are you sure the BIOS you was using supports your CPU to begin with? IF it does not you may just need to update it. If this is the case DO NOT USE @BIOS to flash with. You board needs F2 BIOS to use that CPU, I do not see F1 even listed so I think you should have at least F2 or F3 anyway so you are likely fine there
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-01-2008 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks for the help. I was using BIOS F3 before this happened but now it has reverted back to F!. I will try your suggestions. Thanks so much
    Tom Rope

GA-EP45=DS3R
    Intel QX9550
    nVidia 8800GTS 640MB
    4GB Corsair 8500 C5D 1066Mhz
    1TB Seagate Barracuda Raid 0

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Glad you still have a working board, and backed up Data.

Good luck with flashing and post back if you have anymore issues

Thread Information