Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC is constantly BSOD after attempted OC'ing. PLEASE HELP!

Default Re: PC is constantly BSOD after attempted OC'ing. PLEASE HELP!

yeah I had all of those settings disable and at first performance enhance was on turbo, but I changed it to standard, still no post...
    I have tried 333 FSB with 2.4 memory multiplier from 1.15V to 1.3625V with 0.0125 increments (correct settings you gave me), no post
    I even tried 320 FSB I think it was with 2.5 multiplier (gave me 800MHZ on my RAM) from 1.15 o 1.3625 with 0.025V increments, no post
    I just tested the standard 266MHZ FSB, it posted fine on the standard 1.15V and even at 1.3625V
    Did I just get the worst E7200 in the world with OC'ing? Would reapplying Arctic Silver help me out any? I even have an aftermarket CPU air cooler, it is not a great one, but than the stock one Intel gives you which people are getting some pretty decent OC results with.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Hmm can you post me some pics of your MIT page? Just want to look it over incase you are missing something.

No arctic silver redo wont help at all, It could help with temps possibly but that isnt the issue here I dont think.

You should not even need more then 1.25 I would think for 333 FSB and your CPU should for sure do 400+ FSB with less then 1.36

Can you try it with only 2GB of ram, is this 2x2 or 4x1 I forget. If 2x2 try one stick, ir 4x1 try two in slot 1+3. I say this because OCZ does not play well with GA boards and I just wanted to see how it would do with only 2GB

It is dual channel 2x2GB memory. Here are the pics from 333MHZ with only 2GB memory (no post).

Manually set Refresh to act delay to 62, manually set DDR2 overvoltage to +0.3, and manually set MCH Overvoltage to +0.2

Try the above with only the one 2GB stick in slot one and let me know what happens

If that fails you either have DOA ram or it is not compatible with your board, Which I say it isnt but some get them to work just fine. Have you tested the ram with memtest86+ on a different board?

You could also try a reflash of F4 BIOS, this sometimes helps as well. >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS Download (GA-P35-S3G *F4*)

If you do, be sure to NOT Use @BIOS use Qflash or DOS, and be sure to load optimized defaults after the flash, then save apply and reboot and then go back in and make any disk changes you need to make. Then try again

If you are not using F4 right now then that is likely also part of the issue. To know what version you are using on the Main Page of the BIOS I think F9 will tell you. If that is wrong and you cannot figure it out let me know and I will reboot and look for you

Well I did the flash to F4 BIOS, turns out that I was only using F2. Still now luck with OC. I cannot remember what exact voltages I used for 333 FSB, but I never got anything, I tried it all over the place.
    However now I am able to see the post screen before the system powers itself off.
    I did not try with 2GB of RAM yet though.

Ahh well F4 is likely better. Try the above with 4GB or 2GB either way it should be working as long as you have enough cpu volts. Set it to 1.3 or so you will be fine with that with only 333 FSB until you get it figured out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information