Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3 +12v at 1-4V

Default GA-EP45-DS3 +12v at 1-4V

Hi,

im having the problem, that in the Bios the +12V show about 12.3V.
    But in Everest or HWMonitor it shows everything between 1V and 4V.

What can be the error?

Is my new PSU faulty? And can this Problem affect my graphics problems with my ATI HD4850?

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3 +12v at 1-4V

The 12 volt rail should show a 12 volt reading. Also software monitoring of voltage in some cases is notoriously wrong.

The Intel Spec for 12 volts is +/- 5%. That's 12.6 to 11.4.

3.2.1 DC Voltage Regulation
    The DC output voltages are required to remain within the regulation ranges shown in Table 15, when measured at the load end of the output connectors under all line, load, and environmental conditions specified in Chapter 6.

Table 15. DC Output Voltage Regulation

http://www.formfactors.org/developer...DG_rev_1_1.pdf

Use the Link if you want to see the Table.

Same problem with the thread starter but i actually got an ep45 Ds3r seems like the thermal sensor for this board is still not optimized we need some bios update

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

12.3 is fine like merman said. As for you 1-4 statement, can you post pics of what it is exactly you are looking at so I can be sure of what you meant

And yes, software is generally off a bit. Not usually to much depending on what you are using though. But never exact that is for sure.

Harry23lim, what thermal sensor do you mean? Please post some more info so I could let you know if something is normal or what is going on for you

Sry,

I didn't get notified of new posts.

I did see that +12v is under 1V at idle and goes up to 3,5 V at load. Measured with HWMonitor. In the Bios it shows 12,3V
    Attached Images Attached Images GA-EP45-DS3 +12v at 1-4V-12v-drop-jpg 

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh yeah I think that feature is broke around here!

Those all look fine except the 12v, but your board would not be running at all with those voltages so I would assume it is a false reading for sure. Is speedfan the same as everest or the above app? If so it is either just a faulty sensor (Or not setup properly with the chipset) or just a plain false positive. What you see in the BIOS is correct.

Software is never spot on, often wrong, and should be only used as a good guess.

Your computer would not run with 3 or 4 volts on the 12 volt rail.

If you need to have a ball park 12 volt reading from CPUID and/or Everest update the monitoring software first and the bios as a last resort using q-flash. I say ballpark figure because accurate power supply readings are measured at the connector with a digital voltage reader usually called a multimeter.

Have you posted on Lavalys discussion forum/Hardware forum??? Fiery is very knowlegable.

If it is a bios error you will have to wait till they fix it or keep complaining until they do.

Hi Tweekdown, what version of HWMonitor are you using?
    For sure the 12v rail should be good but the 4850 GPU core temperature at 175F (80C) is quite high! Was you running a stress test on it?
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Yeah, everest and speedfan read it faulty too.

I'm using HWMonitor 1.10.0

80C is the idle temperature of my 4850 with automatic fan control (built-in fan control)
    setting it to 40% fan speed manually (with ati catalyst profiles), results in ~65C

Bug Report and Program Improvement

If you notice a bug in a sensor report, or an undefined value, please select the "File" menu and choose "Save" to generate a complete report as a text file. Then, please email the file to cpuz[at]cpuid.com. Thanks !
    CPUID

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information