Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Support Gigabyte Forum Please Help **Attention All Members**

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte Forum Help Please **Attention All Members**

Quote Originally Posted by Merman View Post
    Have you asked the powers that be??? Whether the site owner or Janus???

I can't see Gigabyte denying a request for a board to continue answering all the questions you do. At least half manufacture's cost price for a board given out for reviews though you do deserve to be given a board free.
    Yes, I have Spoken with Janus and He/She has said that His/Her Team cannot help.

I have not spoken to TweakTown Directly since I thought Gigabyte direct contact would be better. I am not so sure TweakTown has the funds/resources to even help in this matter

I really don't look at this as a "Freebie" type of thing, nor do I feel I so much "Deserve" something. I just see so many sites getting boards for reviews and such I thought it would not be a big deal and a P45 Board would help me to better understand and answer more of the now oncoming P45 questions. Even a customer return would be great if it worked, I just need something to have hands on experience in so I can directly answer things.

I am now and always will be a Loyal Gigabyte Customer and Supporter but not having the latest hinders my knowledge in helping with these boards

I think nothing will come of this, but at least I asked. And I thank you all for your Continued support. Hopefully before a newer model comes out I can buy a P45, but it is not looking promising

Thanks to all who support me, and thanks to any Gigabyte Team member who takes the time to read this and inquire about this for me.

Default Re: Gigabyte Forum Help Please **Attention All Members**

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes, I have Spoken with Janus and He/She has said that His/Her Team cannot help.

I have not spoken to TweakTown Directly since I thought Gigabyte direct contact would be better. I am not so sure TweakTown has the funds/resources to even help in this matter
    The reason I suggested the site owner was that they may deal at a higher level at Gigabyte or at least with the people who authorize giving out the review boards. These same people or department that give out the review boards may also decide the disposal of boards that can no longer be sold as new. Worth a shot as you are a part of the site even if you don't get paid.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Support Gigabyte Forum Please Help **Attention All Members**

Ya, I will try to write up something to the admin here, I had not thought much about that. I do know they actually did test a P45 board, but cant remember which. And who knows what they or any site does with the boards after testing, do you? I know I have seen some on ebay sold by people saying "Used for a few hours for testing" maybe this is how they are passed off?

Quote Originally Posted by MDDI View Post
    I found this site after downloading a corrupt BIOS for my X48T-DQ6. My board bricked. It took several days of communicating with Gigabyte tech before it was decided to RMA it.

If your like me, communicating with Gigabyte tech in English sometimes does not generate a useful response. I think the questions are not fully understood and the replies sometimes reflect that.

Odds are, if you posted here, you were answered by Lsdmeasap.

This guy has posted and responded to posts almost 3,000 times!

I'm pretty sure he deos not have any direct connection to Gigabyte. He appears to be one guy who has one Gigabyte board and attempts to help anyone with a Gigabyte problem/question.

So, if he has helped you and you appreciate it how about a reply to this thread?

I'm hoping some of the Gigabyte staff will read it also and give Lsdmeasap some credit/support.
    Yes I agree 100% with what u are saying!! Lsd deserves more credit than we can ever give him, he is truly doing an awesome job! He has helped me with alot of stuff and is always ready to any questions we might have.

Kudos to you dude :D

Sincerely LaZ
    Mobo - Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4
    CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @3.6GHz
    RAM - Mushkin Redline XP2 PC8000
    GFX - Gigabyte Geforce 8800GT Type B
    PSU - Hiper Type R MKII 680W

With my issue, I have got no real support. Pm'd admins no help. Communicated with gigabyte tech support with no help.
    Gaming rig:
    XP Sp3
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R bios F7a beta rev 1.0
    Q9550 GO OC'd 4ghz(471x8.5) with tuniq tower
    1 stick 2gigs G-Skill PI 8800s b/c this damn board won't run both sticks
    eVGA 8800Ultra Vanilla w/backplate--650core/1127mem/1654shader
    (1)500gig seagate 7200.10 main storage
    (2)320gig seagate 7200.10 sata extra storage
    lite on 20x dvd-burner sata
    corsair hx520 psu
    antec 900 case

Well as his sticky Lsdmeasap isn't around at the moment. Admins aren't here to solve your problems but to "administer" the forum, many of them will likely not even have GB boards.

This thread is about thanking Lsdmeasap for using his own spare time for trying to help others. Not about complaining that he isn't around when he doesn't have time.

Show some respect please!

PS: If you want to make a thread to rant about GB tech support then that's fine with me, I agree with you that it could be much better. And the fact that this is an "official" support forum where the official tech support guy hasn't posted since october is a litlle sad :(
    But I still quite like their boards and tech support here in Germany is better as well :P

I just want to say a HUGE Cheers to LSD, you put in the time and effort to give me tailored advice over many days, and as I said then, it is greatly appreciated!

I do similar work on another forum and spend far too many hours a day/week helping people with hardware and tech issues, why? Because I like helping as you do, we need more people like you out there.

From the bottom of Australia I hope something comes from this on Gigabytes end, you would be a valuable asset to them.

I can't believe I just found this string.

For Sure, Lsdmeasap, you are definitely a Blessing!!!

Thank you for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex St. John
    Consider for a moment that what we think of as “intelligence” is the byproduct of a computing architecture that depends on massive parallelism to interact with the world in real time without stalling for progress bars. If our ancestors’ brains had depended on running Vista on current dual-core processors for their survival, they would have been eaten by bears.

Best Quote Ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho101
    Obey the one and only rule without question when you overclock.... don't cause a fire. Fires are hot and burny... not good.
    Intel E8400 EO@445x9--Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 ~ F9--EVGA 9800GT @ 700/1750/1100--8GB Gskill 1066

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information