Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support Gigabyte Forum Please Help **Attention All Members**

MDDI is offline Junior Member

Default Support Gigabyte Forum Please Help **Attention All Members**

I found this site after downloading a corrupt BIOS for my X48T-DQ6. My board bricked. It took several days of communicating with Gigabyte tech before it was decided to RMA it.

If your like me, communicating with Gigabyte tech in English sometimes does not generate a useful response. I think the questions are not fully understood and the replies sometimes reflect that.

Odds are, if you posted here, you were answered by Lsdmeasap.

This guy has posted and responded to posts almost 3,000 times!

I'm pretty sure he deos not have any direct connection to Gigabyte. He appears to be one guy who has one Gigabyte board and attempts to help anyone with a Gigabyte problem/question.

So, if he has helped you and you appreciate it how about a reply to this thread?

I'm hoping some of the Gigabyte staff will read it also and give Lsdmeasap some credit/support.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-21-2008 at 02:17 AM. Reason: As per User Request

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte Forum Help Please **Attention All Members**

Title Edited Per User request.

Thanks Much for the Support. You make me feel very appreciated!!!

Yeah, The guy just saved me a wasted 150 on memory, and showed me what to get instead. Thanks so much for teh immediate, helpful support Lsdmeasap

If Gigabyte is not paying or compensating LSD and they are Janis then their priorities are very messed up...LSD is at least 10X more valuable than Janis.
    Take care,
    Rick
    GA EP35 DS3P w/ E6400 @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 x 2Gb G-Skill PC8000, XFX 9600GT, Corsair TX 650W

Thanks Guys again!

I would not want Payment so to speak, but a little help with a P45 Motherboard would be nice so I could help the community better.

New boards are sent out always to review sites, surely They would want their largest Support site to also be able to help with one of these new boards each time around and I cannot do that properly without a newer chipset board. Otherwise my help is only a best guess.

I know TweakTown Itself gets Gigabyte Boards for reviews, but they did get the more expensive models. I would be happy with a DS4 (Which I have now P35) Just to be able to better answer everyone.

Also, this should not become a Who is Who or who is better thread.

Thanks to all for your continued Support!

Default Re: Support Gigabyte Forum Please Help **Attention All Members**

lsd, start a paypal acc. I bet people would donate for your board if Tweaktown wont supply one :)

How would I do that and not put my Information out there?

I mean I have one now, but would not like my address and such to be a public matter

Pm me if you like

Thanks for the idea as well

Putting some one in the spot- like this when he/she deserves it is a great idea.

LSD is a great addition to this forum indeed so a big for him is well deserved but lets not forget the other people who help out aswell.

Anyway,
    I for one am very glad he's around... His responce time to a thread/post is unequaled!
    Case: Antec Perf. One P180
    PSU: Coolmaster Real Power 850W
    Mobo: Gigabyte X48-DQ6
    Corsair 4Gb Dominator
    Cooler: Coolmaster Hyper 212
    Prcessor: Intel E8400
    Vid-Card: Sapphire HD 4870 CF
    HDD: Seagate 500Gb 7200rpm

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Thanks Guys again!

I would not want Payment so to speak, but a little help with a P45 Motherboard would be nice so I could help the community better.

New boards are sent out always to review sites, surely They would want their largest Support site to also be able to help with one of these new boards each time around and I cannot do that properly without a newer chipset board. Otherwise my help is only a best guess.

I know TweakTown Itself gets Gigabyte Boards for reviews, but they did get the more expensive models. I would be happy with a DS4 (Which I have now P35) Just to be able to better answer everyone.

Also, this should not become a Who is Who or who is better thread.

Thanks to all for your continued Support!
    Have you asked the powers that be??? Whether the site owner or Janus???

I can't see Gigabyte denying a request for a board to continue answering all the questions you do. At least half manufacture's cost price for a board given out for reviews though you do deserve to be given a board free.

MDDI is offline Junior Member

I don't believe this is about handouts from Gigabyte. I also did not intend to suggest one members help is better than another.

Janus Yeh was very helpful resolving my problem. The other motherboard manufacturers have had forum/support sites for many years. I appreciate the fact that Gigabyte has provided factory personnel to help us here, it was over due.

Lsdmeasap is not the only forum member to help answer/resolve problems. But he does appear to respond more than most. As this forum grows, all members who participate help make the site better for all.

As I stated when opening this thread, Lsdmeasap appears to be one guy with one motherboard who attempts to help everyone, many who have products he may not be familiar with.

I suggested that Gigabyte give him a little credit/support. Whatever that may be.

I speak English and I have had some language barrier difficulties with other board manufacturers, not just Gigabyte. For me, this site is an excellent tool to ask questions and get straight answers.

I wanted to show that I appreciate the efforts Lsdmeasap makes and was hoping others would too. The more familiar he and others like him are with Gigabyte products benefits all of us, including Gigabyte.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information