Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-X48T-DQ6, RAID causes BSOD

Default Re: GA-X48T-DQ6, RAID causes BSOD

Weird thing happened yesterday. I was transfering large files from a WD my book 320gb (external hdd) and watched a movie from the raided disc at the same time. The computer bluescreened twice with stop 0x00024, ntfs.sys - something error, the I rebooted and everything was fine. googled around but everyone that had that error was more or less unable to boot at all.

Maybe I was using the disc to much during the process or the FAT32 (external) -> ntfs caused the problem or just memory fault?

Did google return Error message in Windows 2000: "Stop 0x24" or "NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM" ? (Did for me.)
    Even if old, that page seems to list some causes and possible fixes.

Did run chkdsk /r yesterday and it said it was intact and no errors found. Well hopefully it wont occur again :)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Good to see you have no bad sectors or something like that!

It was likely just a glitch between the ntfs and FAT transfer due to speed or format differences. Why is your WD in FAT32? IS that just how they are made? Can you make it NTFS, if so it would be better

Yeah the WD is fat32, no idea why or if it was that from the beginning. Maybe I got some brilliant reason to use fat32 but most likely it was that from the beginning :P

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh, well If I was you I would format it to NTFS, it would be faster and hold more Data

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information