Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Brought GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3R

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Just Brought GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3R

Nice to hear you are getting somewhere

You confuse me with your CPU-z freq and 44 @ 3.33 comment about ram freq

You have 1066 ram right, I think so. And above you had 1183 as your ram Freq. So that is why I am confused about your comment just now when you say what you said. There of course will be certain ranges that may or may not boot when higher ones will.

So please post to me in a template what you mean by that, you should not have to be running your ram at 800 or so if that is what you meant

I have changed it since then but it was at 1204 and still booting I think when I looked in Memory part of CPU - Z it was running at a 5:3 ratio

Ahh well since you changed it I guess it wouldn't help me to see. But, yeah CPU-z Will show different Fractions for the ram multi's then your BIOS does FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh well since you changed it I guess it wouldn't help me to see. But, yeah CPU-z Will show different Fractions for the ram multi's then your BIOS does FYI

So how do I know which one is 1:1? because right now I'm using:

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 378pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=504 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 205pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 9984" width=273><COL style="WIDTH: 173pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 8448" width=231><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: silver 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: silver 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1.5pt solid; WIDTH: 205pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: silver 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=273 height=17>(G)MCH Frequency Latch</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: silver 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: silver 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: silver; WIDTH: 173pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: silver 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=231 x:num>400.00</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: silver 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: silver; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1.5pt solid; WIDTH: 205pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: silver 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=273 height=17>System Memory Multiplier</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: silver 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: silver; BORDER-LEFT: silver; WIDTH: 173pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: silver 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=231>2.00D</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

and it says that its 1:1 in CPU-Z where can I go to find out if it is or not?

I ran memtest and both passed however the 5:3 was running at 653MHz it said. I'm starting to get a little confused which to run I read that somoene said to always try for 1:1

1:1 is 2.00 in Gigabyte BIOS

You must have something in Auto in the BIOS or some other setting not correct or in AUTO. Because 2.00 no matter the letter is 1:1

See here is my CPU-z Using 2.00 in the BIOS >>>

Okay cool got that :) now on my memory it say says 5-5-5-15 i changed the 15 to 12 as you said now do i need to change or try other settings?

So far been running at 3.6GHz for about 2 hours still testing it will post one of the screen shots I took in bit. Still running prime.
    Last edited by Shauntx; 08-31-2008 at 10:04 AM.

Here is a screen shot by god I think I have got 3.6GHz stable :)

Looks good! I knew you could get it. Congrats!

People just don't accept the fact that overclocking takes time and learning the in's and out's of the BIOS, Their Board, and their ram.

Sometimes it is easy, but generally not as easy as it sounds

What Ram Freq are you running now

I running 400MHz at 2.00= 1:1

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information