Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Question Ma770 Ds3 voltage

Question Question Ma770 Ds3 voltage

I have a gigabyte Ma770 ds3 using f6 bios. I need to adjust my ram voltage. When I change it in the tweaker to 1.9 it still says 1.8 in the health monitor It says 1.8 on the left side of screen in health monitor and then 1.913 etc on the right side. Should the voltage change in health monitor to represent the changes I made in the tweaker? Sorry if these questions have an obvious answer but I'm new to all of this.

Alasha

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Question Ma770 Ds3 voltage

Well you confused me! HAHA

Na, do you mean tweaker as in a program or in the BIOS? Can you post a image of what you mean? If it is in the BIOS you will need to use a camera.

There will always be some differences because of voltage droops but I just want to see a image to be sure if you are seeing this or not setting something right or with the right method

If you are using a program to make changes this is the issue, make any changes you need to in the BIOS and not with a program

Sorry my first post was not very clear. I set the Voltage for my ram to 1.9 in my bios using the MIT Motherboard intelligent tweaker its part of the bios. However when I looked at the Pc health status even after restarting the machine no changes had occured. When checking to see what voltage it was running at using software the voltage still said 1.8 Went back and checked the settings I had in the Tweaker and it still said 1.9 So yes changing the settings in bios its just not registering under pc health as any changes having been made. I just wanted to know is that normal or am I missing something.

Dont have access to a camera right now to take the pictures but I will try to get some uploaded soon.

OK, Yeah I was not sure if you meant MIT section or Easytune and just called it tweaker.

I got what you mean now.

When you save does it reboot only once or twice and NOT three times?

Can you set it to 2.0 and see if the same happens?

You may just need to update your BIOS, DO NOT USE @BIOS. And after you flash be sure to load optimized defaults, save and apply, and reboot back into the BIOS and make any DISK changes you need BEFORE trying to start windows. That last step is very critical if you are using RAID, it will be corrupt if you try to load windows before making the needed changes in the BIOS again after loading optimized defaults

When I make the changes it just reboots like normal so once doesnt reboot any extra times. I am not using raid. Sorry I'm very new to all of this. Im running f6 but on the gigabyte website they only have up to f5 for my board.. odd. Do I save the program on a usb and have it boot from the usb again very new to this not sure how to flash bios without using @bios

Alasha

Do you have a floppy drive? If so that exe that you download from GA is a self extracting file made to extract to the A or Floppy drive.

If you do not have a floppy you will need winrar to extract the BIOS file and put on a USB. You will only need the .F5 file, which I would suggest to be the one you flash to. Here is winrar, after you install it and download a exe BIOS file you will just right click the exe and choose Extract Here (Download Winrar 3.71 towards the middle) >>>>>
    WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

Here is where you should download it from, just incase (This is the Rev #2 page which only has FA) >>>
    GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-MA770-DS3 (rev. 2.0)

Here is Rev 2 page, that has up to F6 >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-MA770-DS3 (rev. 1.0)

Be sure that BEFORE you click BIOS on the right you click your board Revision Number at the top. If you are not sure about your board revsion then you will need to look. It is printed on the board right under the PCI slots in the corner. Be sure you click the rev # first, then go to the BIOS pages and download the F5 BIOS.

If you want you could just flash F6 in again, that may be better

Thread Information