Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Disk boot failure?? Please help

Default Re: Disk boot failure?? Please help

Oh then this must be it, it was on another page...

Dram config - Bildbox.se Ladda upp bild gratis

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

OK first It looks like you are not running your ran in dual channel, are you sure if you think you are? I say that because it looks like you are using 1+2 and it is usuall 1+3 or 2+4 slots. If they are the same color slots then dont mind me!

Set trfc to 127ns

and try 26 for Row Cycle Time tRC

Although really they do look ok as they are, so I doubt this will solve this issu at all.... Sadly

What do you have your disk settings set to in the BIOS? Image if you can of that please

Do you have a GOOD PSU?

The ram's are 2 yellow and 2 red slots.

I will try to apply the settings.

What disk settings do you want me to take a picture off?

Not really good at BIOS :)

I would like to see the page where you would choose disk controls such as RAID or AHCI settings

I know what you mean, I used to feel that way when I first saw a DFI BIOS. Be lucky you do not have one of those boards

Hmm those look all correct.

So let me get my thoughts correct again. Can you load windows at all now on your new install? If not can you post me the error page images.

If so, but you still see a error each time can you post me the images of those. If there is a black screen error and a Blue screen error please post both.

Did you try the changes I suggested above for your ram?

If you can load windows but just see a black warning screen this is likely easily fixable and just will remain until you fix or choose a different startup choice. Sometimes you need to choose a certain thing for it to go away, other times it can be easily fixed with a chkdsk with certain flags on it. I will post you these fixes if they apply once I can see what screens you are being presented.

Sorry for the long delay in getting you fixed, but I just wanted to be sure things were ok in your BIOS, and of course now need to see additional images to be sure which fix you may or may not need.

Also, in the end it sadly may be a bad disk controller on your board. Can you still get a RMA for the board? If so you may end up having to send it in, if not you may be looking at having to buy a new board.

Hopefully it is easily fixable which I think it may be if it is one of the thing I am thinking of

Hey im just glad you are helping me at all
    Will take as many pics as you want hehe.

I tryed installing my old harddrive yesterday and it booted perfect, so i guess it is some kind of setting in bios or something.

Here is the pic that i get: Bootimage - Bildbox.se Ladda upp bild gratis

But this only comes up when im starting the computer trough the power button, and when it comes up I just press CTRL+ALT+DEL and it boots in to windows. Also if im in windows and just restart the computer it works great, but this is only with my new drive, not the old one.

And the bluescreen that i get is only in windows, not on boot, but that does not occur so often, I read in another forum somwhere that 2 guys had the same problem and they just removed the ide driver from the NVIDIA chipset driver and it worked properly after that, so i tried removing it now and will see if it will work.

And i have not tried the RAM settings yet.

I dont know if i can get a RMA because a dont have the reciept for the motherboard, i traded it for my portable computer, but it is only 6 months old so ill have to go and have a talk with the store that he bought it from.

No Problem man, Wish I could have better and problem solving answers for you!

OK, well that is not the black screen I was thinking of!

Do you have more then one SATA drive? If not you should set the SATA Setting in Integrated Peripherals Page Called NV-Serial ATA Controller to Enable SATA 1 ONLY and then be sure you disk is plugged into that slot on the board.

Maybe having them both enabled is the issue. You should only see that black screen message if you do not have the System disk set as a bootable device, or if no system is installed. So that is strange, but you already know that.

I see you use IDE drives so not sure if you will survive with the IDE controller missing. But I was thinking you first do not need 2 CD drives as boot devices before you disk.

And you may possibly have better luck by setting both CD/DVD drives as not bootable(Until you need to boot from one, then you would enable it). So your boot order would be of course your SATA drive first. But where you choose first, second, and third only have one >>>

First Boot device >>> The SATA OS hard drive
    Second Boot Device >>> NONE
    Third Boot Device >>> None

HMMM about a RMA maybe your friend would go thru getting it set up for you since he bought it. That may be why he agreed to trade you, he knew the board was messed up!

Hi!

I tried enabling Sata 1 only but that didnt work, also disabled both cdroms from boot but the funny thing is that it still booted from cdroms :S

But how come it works fine with my old Hitachi drive but not with the new seagate, thats why i still think there must be some kind off setting.

Read in the manual that you could install Sata drivers while installing OS, by pressing F6 in the begging, im sure u know what im thinking of. Could this be the problem.
    But this has to be done trough floppy and i dont have that on this computer :(

About the RMA he is not a friend, he just answerd my advertisement and wanted to trade...

BTW i just tried puting my old Hitachi drive on Sata 1 and the new Seagate on Sata 2 connector on motherboard, and it booted good on the hitachi drive still, as long as the hitachi drive is on Sata 112 it works good :S
    Really dont get it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information