Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Disk boot failure?? Please help

Default Re: Disk boot failure?? Please help

Hmm ok, will try after I get the disc back, gave it to a friend so he could try installing it on his computer and see if it boots correct.

But I've already tried 2 diffrent cd's.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

My friend just tried my harddrive on his computer and it booted just perfect, so it cant be the XP cd i think :( Must be the M/B or something, but i will set my old harddrive as master and the new as slave and it will work just fine, andthe i will hav 750 gb all togheter :)

Hmmm, strange!

Well at least you can use it. Sorry I could not help you get things squared away properly

It's ok :) Im still glad u offer you help, thats enough. Btw i have another problem, this i've hade since i got the computer, this is nothing serious but still. My soundcard wont install properly, when i go into device manager i still have high defentition audio buss with a question mark, and now i cant record trough line in, i've installed the latest driver trough gigabytes site and all... Do you have any idea?

Do you mean the onboard soundcard/chip?

What does it do when you choose update driver thru the web from device manager?

Well first thing I would do is go in safe mode, and in device manager uninstall Microsoft UUA drivers (You will have to look around in all sound related areas) Then reboot BACK into safe mode (This is so Windows Does not reinstall the driver again)

Then in safe mode reinstall the latest driver from GA. I always get the drivers from the source >>>>
    Realtek

You may have better luck with these, I always do

And also, you have the chipset package installed right? The one for USB and general system drivers, not sure what Nvidia calls it but it is just a bundled system driver package

Also, in control panel, sounds then the recording tab do you have all of the available options enabled/configured? You will likely not see or be able to do that properly until the Driver is installed right first

Yes i mean the onboad soundcard, Realtek somthing. When i try to update trough web it does nothing.

That link you gave me does not work, i cant download the driver from there becasue the object has been moved or something.

Yes i have installed the chipset package and everything else...

Hmm that link should work, maybe not because of your language?

Go here (Different link)>>>
    Realtek

And on the right you should see HD Audio Codec Driver, click that link, agree and download

Hmm now when i go into device manager all devices are installed but still i cant record, when i go to configure the levels for recording they cant even be highlighted.

Do you have something else set as default recording device in Control Panel sounds?

Can you post some screenshots of this so I can be sure what is what in your setup? I would like to see Control panel sounds, and record tab. And expanded Device manager view

Thanks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information