Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP43-D3SL crashs

Default Re: GA-EP43-D3SL crashs

Just a bit of old knowledge here, if you want to dual boot (or even tripple boot) different Windows versions on 1 HDD then you must 1st install the oldest OS & then install later versions in order of age (oldest to youngest) unless you have a boot manager already installed.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

VistaBootPro is great!

Here is what I run for testing things of course and working on customers PC's HD's on my PC, and I have about 8 different machines in Vmwareas well >>>

But yeah you can Quad Boot or more if you like, just install vista last and it will setup the menu for you

So, my idea was install Windows XP in partition D and after this, recovery Vista boot with original CD and after this install VistaBootPRO to put XP into menu of boot, but strange is I can't install XP...even using a sata driver load with F6 press...

Yesterday I executed a SeaTools complete test in hard disk and seems ok...I checked firmware version of hard disk e it's OK too...

I don't want to format all hard disk, but I'm thinking is the only way...

Hmmm

Now that you put it that way again. When you made your D Partition, what did you use to do it? And how did you make it, like what type of partition?

Maybe you just need to delete D from inside Vista, and make it again. Make it a Primary Partition, NFTS of course, and set it active, and assign it a letter and label if windows does not.

I say this because I was thinking maybe you either made your D partition a Extended or logical partition instead of a primary one. And that wont work for a XP install I do not think. If you used vista to create the partition you may not have these options and it may have been what messed it up by making it one of those types without asking you.

If that is the case, or you think it might be let me know and I will look for you some Partition freeware that will work in vista and do the partition right

Just so you know, you can easily just install vistabootpro in XP and then run it and install the vista bootloader again and you wont need to do the vista recovery method

Its a possibility! I done the partition when I have installed Vista...

But when I installing Windows XP SP2, in manage partitions area at Windows XP SP2 setup, I deleted D partition, leaving disk with free space. So, I create a new partition again and format with NTFS file system. It should be work no?

I created the partition with Windows XP SP2, but doesn't work too...I don't now what I can do now... nothing works to install Windows XP...

You may just be better off doing a clean install of each then, I cannot find a proper freeware Partition app that works in vista. Do you have a Ultimate Boot CD or MiniXP? If so you could do it from within those with one of their partition apps, but if not I cannot help you get them as they are illegal software(Google it) and I cannot link you up as it is against the board policies

This erros is so strange, but I have solved. I made a backup of my file in a slave hard disk and formated entire disk excluding all partitions. After, I created partition again with Windows XP SP2 (C and D) and installed Windows XP SP2 in D. After this, I installed Windows Vista x64. With this method, everything is ok for me and works fine!

I search in the net, but i don't found anything about this...

Now...I have to wait my memory came back from RMA...

Thanks Lsdmeasap for a great help and attention!

NICE!!!

Glad to see you got it, and SORRY I could not help you get it easier or without a clean install!

I likely could have if I was at your house personally, but being here makes things a little bit harder!

So... Cool, now you can enjoy your dual boot!

Post back anytime!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information