Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EP43-DS3L and Video

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP43-DS3L and Video

Sounds like it to me. You can link them here so they can see the troubleshooting you have done as well

Sounds like the PCI-E slot has gone bad or something in the controller of it, can you test the second one?

Have you tried using the Second slot yet? If not, please in Integrated Peripherals Page of the BIOS set "Init First Display" to PEG2 (PEG for PCI-E Slot 1) and place card in Second PCI-E Slot and see if anything changes

SOLUTION : maybe

I have the same mobo and graphics card GA-EP43-DS3L and 512-P3-N801-AR with 2x1GB OCZ 1066 ram which on the modual says it runs at 5-5-5-15 2.1v . I also encountered alot of crashes and freezing tried it on both XP SP3 and Vista SP1 no difference. Didint know if it was the mobo, ram, gfx, or psu. Comp kept freezing and windows installations were very slow, any memory test would freeze the comp, and when I installed the nvidia drivers for the GFX card it would always freeze right after start up.

Eventually this is what worked for me i tried to manually set the ram to the correct 5-5-5-15 2.1v in the bios, that did not work, however as it turns out if you leave the timings set to auto and instead there is something in the bios a few options above that stuff called Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) it had another profile option under that and when i selected it it loaded the correct timings automatically, I still had to set the voltage to 2.1v amnually, and I also bumped up the performance enhance to extreme, althoguh i think the turbo (which is the default) would also work fine. After doing that everything ran faster without any freezing or crashing and the GFX card drivers seemed to work fine after that. Hope that helps if you havnt figured it out already.

Ok, so even though from what i wrote in the post above greatly improoved things, I still had trouble durring memory intensive task, games, and memory tests. With 2x 1GB OCZ memory tests would fail, however each modual by itself would pass and perform fine in games, I called OCZ they think for some reason it is the memory, and they are simply not working together the way they should, told me to RMA the sticks, in the mean time I ordered new slightly better OCZ reaper moduals as suggested and I know other people have reported the reapers to be compatable with the board, and am running stable one stick of the 1gb while i wait. Have also done an instal of vista with the 1GB at the correct timings and everything went smoothly, no problems with installing graphics drivers which i had problems with before, however if I have the same problems with the new ram then i will most likely return the boardd for a different one.

Mushkin FTW, Not a new board

*EDIT*

Oh yeah, good luck with things, I hope it works out for you really!

If you do need some help deciding on new ram, or help with settings feel free to make a new thread anytime and I will try my best to help you get going

Welcome aboard!

hey there.now im currently using the same motherboard, GA-EP43-DS3L with default BIOS, F4.currently i didnt have any problems. but when i tries to OC just a little,its always not stable.do i have to update my bios?if so,which bios the best one?

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz E8400 Processor
    Gigabyte EP43-DS3L
    Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX DDR2-800 4GB Kit
    Saphire ATi HD4850 Graphic Card
    Cooler Master Real Power Pro 550w PSU
    Western Digital 320GB SATAII 16MB Buffer

currently all setting default except for ram. MCH core i put 1.3v and DRAM voltage to 2.1v for the ram to run in 4-4-4-12 timing.

You will likely need to manually set and adjust your CPU voltage as you overclock. With things in Auto that sounds to me like you do not have much overclocking in your belt right?

If not please take some time and read over the guides I have pinned, They may not exactly match your BIOS, but they will help you get to know the BIOS and general overclocking procedures better

BIOS for your board is up to F7 now, F5, F6 and F7 all address memory issues. So you may have best luck with F6 or F7 >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP43-DS3L (rev. 1.0)

See the BIOS guide pinned if you need to know how to flash, DO NOT USE @BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Sounds like it to me. You can link them here so they can see the troubleshooting you have done as well

Sounds like the PCI-E slot has gone bad or something in the controller of it, can you test the second one?

Have you tried using the Second slot yet? If not, please in Integrated Peripherals Page of the BIOS set "Init First Display" to PEG2 (PEG for PCI-E Slot 1) and place card in Second PCI-E Slot and see if anything changes
    Ok, here is the latest:
    I called Gigabyte and Newegg, and even though it was past its 30 days Newegg agreed to RMA it. I purchased a new board (to lessen turnaround time) and received it Monday. That night I installed it, powered it up...

And still had problems.

Different problems, but still problems. BSOD's and lockups.
    Inconsistent event viewer messages.

Again, to recap:
    I built two identical systems. (Ok her case has a silver front and mine is all black...but other than that they are identical) When I started having problems the second time, I followed some of the same steps:
    Made sure I had the latest bios (F7)
    Swapped out RAM, Video card, HDD.
    Everything worked in my pc, everything still crashed in hers.

Thoughts?
    Another almost DOA mobo?

Thanks,
    Rod

Hmm wow, maybe she is cursed? J/K

Wow, though! That is very strange, have you tried a new install on her system lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Hmm wow, maybe she is cursed? J/K

Wow, though! That is very strange, have you tried a new install on her system lately?
    With the cases that I use, it takes about 2 minutes to pull the hdd. (It is screwed into a hdd-case that can be pulled out after removing one hand-screw.) So I pull the hdd from my computer and put it in her pc.
    My hdd has trouble in her case, and her hdd runs fine in mine.

So it does not appear to be anything with the install or the drivers.
    Both hdd's work in my case, neither work in her case.

I am going to try pulling the processors next.

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by rjkardo View Post
    With the cases that I use, it takes about 2 minutes to pull the hdd. (It is screwed into a hdd-case that can be pulled out after removing one hand-screw.) So I pull the hdd from my computer and put it in her pc.
    My hdd has trouble in her case, and her hdd runs fine in mine.

So it does not appear to be anything with the install or the drivers.
    Both hdd's work in my case, neither work in her case.

I am going to try pulling the processors next.

Rod
    Ok, swapped out the power supply (again) just to try it out, and again, no problems on the other machine. This one is still locking up.

I also reset the processor, but did not try swapping it yet.
    We are about to get clobbered by Ike, so IDK how much time I have to try it.

I do find that I get these:
    Event id: 14
    Source: nv

Any ideas?
    Thanks again,
    Rod

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information