Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: x48t Dq6 mem settings for 1333mhz OCZ plat.

Default Re: x48t Dq6 mem settings for 1333mhz OCZ plat.

Who da man? Thanks for your help man! (Are you a Gigabyte employee? Or is this a potlatch give away sharing the knowledge thing?) I will report back once I ran my tests for 24+ hours. Very happy with my smooth running stable system.
    Bram

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

HAHA That cartoon was funny, funny!!!!

No, just some guy here, who loves gigabyte! Would be nice to work with Gigabyte, but I think this is as far as that will ever get.

So, you get 777-20 running then? If so Nice to hear it. It should run that way, provided you do not set the subtimings to low

Let me know how you get along

Hi, well I think they should pay you or something, because you 've been more helpful than any official gigabyte channel so far with helping me our with my mobo.

I am slowly changing the settings to the values you specified. So far static tread is 7, and timings are 7-7-7-20 and everything runs stable. I ran orthos for 29 hours and then it crashed...I heard this was nothing to worry about since it is a rather intense stress test and shouldnt indicate instability after such a long stretch right?

Will let you know once all the settings are changed to the values you specified as I have some questions as to how to OC from thereon. Thanks again for now,
    Bram

I am glad I could help you! Ya, the official Channel likely gets TONS of support tickets, and then all of that probably needs to be translated. So I would imagine it could take a while to get thru them all, which as you know do not stop coming in

Been a while since you posted!

YA, 29 hours is a VERY LONG test. Most users are happy with 8-12 or just do not have the time to run 24+ long tests. I think 8-12 hours or so proves stability for sure. 24+ hours just proves that even further. I do 24 hour tests, but only when I for sure think I am stable

Sounds like you are moving along, keep up the tweaking! Post back anytime if you run into issues or need further help in your overclock

Hey man,

Well I fixed it so everything runs stable according to your specifications. (Almost)

These are my current settings:

Robust Graphics Booster - AUTO
    CPU Clock Ratio - 9x (+fine clock 0,5 for e8500)
    CPU Host Clock Control - Enabled
    xCPU Host Frequency (MHz) - 333
    PCI Express Frequency -100
    CIA 2 - DISABLED
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD) 4.00B <<< 4 x 333 = 1333 Ram Freq
    DRAM timing Selectable (SPD) Manual

Performance Enhance - STANDARD

xCAS Latency Time - 7
    xDRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay - 7
    xDRAM RAS# tPrecharge - 7
    xPrecharge Delay (tRAS) - 20

********Advanced Timing Control*********
    xACT to ACT Delay (tRRD) - 4

xRank Write to Read Delay - 5

xWrite to Precharge Delay - 10

xRefresh to ACT Delay - 60
    xRead to Precharge Delay - 6

xStatic tREAD Value -7

xStatic tREAD Phase Adjust - 0 AUTO

xCommand Rate (CMD) - 2

********System Voltage Not Optimized********
    System voltage Control - MANUAL
    DDR3 Overvoltage Control - +0.30 (=1.840 under PC health)
    PCI-E Overvoltage Control - NORMAL
    FSB Overvoltage Control - + 0.1
    (G)MCH Overvoltage Control [+0.225V]
    Loadline Calibration - AUTO
    CPU Voltage Control - NORMAL
    Normal CPU VCore - 1.22500V

So there you have it....ran Orthos stable for 25 hours, so I guess that problem is FIXED (thoroughly!)

In terms of OC-ing....well since you know my system and settings as well as I do by now..I was wondering if you had some pointers. I am new to overclocking you see?

Since I fixed the memvoltage, and locked the PCI slot, does that mean I can simply up the FSB? (for a start let's say to 337 (x9.5=3,2ghz) And how much overvoltage should I put on my Vcore for that little step up you think?

Appreciate it,
    Bram

Well you may be able to lower some of those ram timings, but you should wait to do that until you get your cpu where you want it.

So basically ya, for now you just up FSB until it fails to boot, then you know you need a bit more voltage. Then once you are where you want to be test the ram again for a while to be sure it is still ok. If so then run orthos for a while. If it fails pretty quick you need to bump Vcore a bit more still

You likely may not even need anymore vcore until around 3.4 or 3.6. So you are good to go as for starting to overclock

Good luck, and post back if you run into issues

Well, the only thing I ran into were a couple of old skool crashes...(scratchy sound, screen freezes) Like I had before I played with the RAM settings. I upped my FSB to 348, which amounted to 3,3 ghz, but my RAM speed went up as well...to 1480 something mhz. Is that ok or do I need to "lock" the ramfrequency? If the clockspeed needs to increase, does that mean I should loosen my timings again?

Thanks,
    B

Ah, what I meant (I know now after a little research) is, should I use a different SPD after changing the FSB? (I have a number of options, A2.00, A2.40, A.3.33 A4.00 etc) Is this the same as tinkering with the mem divider or not?
    Thanks again,
    Bram

Ya, you cannot run your ram at 1408 likely stable, unless you loosen things up more. You may actually find better results performance wise using a 3.33 ram multi at 350 FSB then trying to loosen things up and run the ram that high.

So yeah, you have to adjust your memory multiplier as you increase your FSB. And really while you are trying to find your CPU speed you want you should just use the lowest Memory multi and loose settings, that way when you get errors you know it is not the ram

Hah, super. Thanks, will let you know how far I got.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information