Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: X48T-DQ6 issues with TW3X4G1800C8DF

Default Re: X48T-DQ6 issues with TW3X4G1800C8DF

Lifetieme garanty kingston say, that would mean i can still RMA theese ****ti memoryes and get other ones.

How will i do that????

Ive had enough now

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well, ususally a lifetime warranty means they will replace them directly. So you could either get the same model if you wanted (Incase there is something wrong with those) or you could ask if they will send you a lesser model. But that is not likely because then they would owe you some $$

Can you take them back to where you bought them for a refund still? If not, they may change them to a lesser model and give you some $$ back. It is more likely they would do that then kingston

Did you ask that user for her settings that I linked?

OR

You could just buy you some normal, quality DDR2 and be on your way. This would save you time and tons of $$ at the same time. And then you could just sell the sticks you have, or RMA them and sell the replacements

DDR2 wont fit on this motheboard, and no i didnt ask for the settings.......how many settings have i tested now, its useless...........il contact the lace thee i bought them and talk to them about replacements.

One thing i can see is that every kingston around ddr3 is now XMP profiled.........mine was not..........hope they can replace anyway

Sorry, I was sleeping I think, guess I thought it was a dual board when I said that. I need to stop sleep typing I think.

Ya, I think maybe you should or see about getting your cash back and going with a different brand

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    The main thing is with Profiles enabled that disregards your timings choices if you make any, and any MCH latch or Ram Multi you set.

So you need to decide if you want to use them or not and if you want to overclock or not. Which I see you do want to overclock, and based on those settings listed above I would think XMP profile sucks. I would manually set it all myself. Before you start thinking about or overclocking PLEASE Set this to >>>
    PCI Express Frequency [100]

That would likely be a ATI Driver issue, have you added PCI-E voltage? If not you can try +.1 or .2

Here is where I would start with 8X425 >>>>

Robust Graphics Booster [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio [8]
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio [0.0]
    CPU Frequency 3.4 (8 x 425Mzh)
    CPU Host Clock Control [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency [425]
    C.I.A.2 [Disabled]

Performance Enhance [Standard]

Extreme Memory Profiles [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier [4.00]
    Memory Frequency [1600]

Dram Timing [Manual]
    Standard Timing Control
    CAS [8] << try 9 for now if all fails. 8GB is ALOT of stress on NB and system
    Dram RAS to CAS# [8]
    DRAM RAS Precharge [8]
    Precharge Delay [24]

Advanced Timing Control

ACT to ACT [7] << 4-7
    Rank Write to Read [7] << 9-14
    Write to Precharge [14] << 12-16
    Refresh to ACT [100] <<< 65-75 (May actually need more but 100 is excess for sure)
    Read to Precharge [7] << -4-8
    Static tRead [9] <<< 7-12
    Static tRead Phase [0] << Leave on AUTO, Zero, or 1-31
    Comand Rate [2]

Clock Driving and Skew Control

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [900mV]
    CPU Clock Skew Control [150ps] {unstable with <}
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [200ps] {unstable with <}

System Voltage Control

DDR3 OverVoltage Control [+0.30V]
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control [+.1 -.15 -.2] << For stability for your 2x cards
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.200] << may need more with 8GB (And a Fan on NB)
    CPU Voltage Control [1.30000V] << may need more as you know for more
    I have been a bit busy but now have some spare time to devote to try and overclock this Motherboard. I have been successful in OverClocking the CPU to 4x9 = 3.6GHz with the following settings. But I have not been successful at all in getting the FSB to Overclock.

Again my system is a

Intel QX9770 with Zalman 9700 CPU cooler
    8x120mm cooling fans including 1 for NB
    2 ATI 4850
    8GB Corsair TW3X4G1800C8DF DDR3(1800)
    Enermax Galaxie 1000w (more than enough power for this system)
    2 WD Velociraptors in RAID-0
    1 Hauppauge WinTV card
    1 Soundblaster XFi Extreme

Here are the settings I have for 3.6 (9x400Mzh) and the Motherboard accepts these with no problems and RealTemp shows CPU running avg temp of 38C

CPU Clock Ratio [8]
    CPU Frequency 3.4 (8 x 425Mzh)
    CPU Host Clock Control [Disabled]
    CPU Host Frequency [400]
    PCI Express Frequency [Auto]
    C.I.A.2 [Disabled]

System Memory Multiplier [4.00D]
    Memory Frequency [1600]

Dram Timing [Manual]
    Standard Timing Control
    CAS [10]
    Dram RAS to CAS# [10]
    DRAM RAS Precharge [10]
    Precharge Delay [25]

Advanced Timing Control

ACT to ACT [5]
    Rank Write to Read [5]
    Write to Precharge [10]
    Refresh to ACT [74]
    Read to Precharge [5]
    Static tRead [8]
    Static tRead Phase [Auto]
    Comand Rate [2]

CPU Clock Skew Control [150ps]
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [200ps]

System Voltage Control

DDR3 OverVoltage Control [+0.40V]
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control [+.15]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.275] << may need more with 8GB (And a Fan on NB)
    CPU Voltage Control [1.3265V] <<

Using Easy Tune I was able to set the CPU clock to 9 and DDR to 1600, but trying manually in BIOS Motherboard will not accept anything other than:

System Memory Multiplier [Auto]
    Memory Frequency [1300]
    Dram Timming [Manual]

Also If I use Easy Tune to set FSB higher than 400 Vista-64 locks up and I have to reboot. Manually in the BIOS the Motherboard will not take any settings I throw at at it and shuts down and restarts with defaults above!!??

I should be able to get 450 FSB out of this board!!

I would like to get CPU to 3.8 (9x425)
    DDR3 (1700)

Eventually I would like to get CPU to 4.0, FSB 450, DDR3(1800)

What settings would you recommend to start for 3.8 (9x425) DDR3(1700)as none of the settings above that you initially gave seem to work???

Why can I set the CPU clock higher with no problem but not FSB????

8GB is not going to run at 1600 Plus, maybe if you water cool the NB. That is Fast and Hot.

Your board will do 500+ FSB, it is your 8GB of ram, and the speed holding you back. Sure the board supports alot of ram, but not specifically with a High overclock. 425 FSB and 1360 is a more reasonable speed to try to use.

Maybe you are choosing the wrong memory multi when you choose 1600, what letter/symbol are you trying to use? Have you tried the ones without a symbol on them?

But, I do see you are using 1600 Ram speed and it is stable right? If so, then maybe you just need to add some MCH/FSB voltage and Vcore bump a little to use the 9 multi.

Kinda confused though, you said "Here are the settings I have for 3.6 (9x400Mzh)" but then posted this with a 8 multi being used. >>>
    CPU Clock Ratio [8]

So again I am not sure what you have set, and or what you cannot set manually.

I DO See you need to lock the PCI Express Freq to 100!! Please do this or you are going to corrupt your disk, or worse

I would try this above what you posted above >>>>

Code:
    Robust Graphics Booster [Fast]
    CPU Clock Ratio [9]
    CPU Frequency 3.8 (9 x 425Mzh)
    CPU Host Frequency [425]
    C.I.A.2 [Disabled]

System Memory Multiplier [4.00B] << try B first, if no luck then D.  You should also be able to choose a multi without a letter right?  If so test that as well
    Memory Frequency [1700]

Dram Timing [Manual]
    Standard Timing Control
    CAS [10]
    Dram RAS to CAS# [10]
    DRAM RAS Precharge [10]
    Precharge Delay [25]

Advanced Timing Control

ACT to ACT [5] << maybe 6-7
    Rank Write to Read [5] << maybe 10-14
    Write to Precharge [10] << try 12
    Refresh to ACT [74] <<< 80-85
    Read to Precharge [5] << 6-7
    Static tRead [8] << Here is likely a large part of the issue at hand, you may need to use 9-10 or more for this much ram at such high speeds

Comand Rate [2]

CPU Clock Skew Control [150ps] <<< Try 50-100
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [200ps] << Test 100-150, and 250 +

System Voltage Control

(G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.275] 
    CPU Voltage Control [1.3265V] << maybe quite a bit more for 3.8
    The main thing to find out is which is holding you back, the ram or the CPU. If you can boot with something but not be stable, or load windows at all. Please test those settings in memtest86+ to rule the ram out as the issue, then you will know if you need a ram adjustment or a CPU voltage or otherwise adjustment

I think Static tRead of 8 and you was using the 400 Strap may have been part of what was stopping you from booting thru with the changed CPU mutli. If you keep having issues, set Memory multi on Auto until you can get booted thru, then you can later go back and manually set it

8GB is not going to run at 1600 Plus, maybe if you water cool the NB. That is Fast and Hot.

Your board will do 500+ FSB, it is your 8GB of ram, and the speed holding you back. Sure the board supports alot of ram, but not specifically with a High overclock. 425 FSB and 1360 is a more reasonable speed to try to use.

Maybe you are choosing the wrong memory multi when you choose 1600, what letter/symbol are you trying to use? Have you tried the ones without a symbol on them?

But, I do see you are using 1600 Ram speed and it is stable right? If so, then maybe you just need to add some MCH/FSB voltage and Vcore bump a little to use the 9 multi.

Kinda confused though, you said "Here are the settings I have for 3.6 (9x400Mzh)" but then posted this with a 8 multi being used. >>>
    CPU Clock Ratio [8]

So again I am not sure what you have set, and or what you cannot set manually.

I DO See you need to lock the PCI Express Freq to 100!! Please do this or you are going to corrupt your disk, or worse

I would try this above what you posted above >>>>

Code:
    Robust Graphics Booster [Fast]
    CPU Clock Ratio [9]
    CPU Frequency 3.8 (9 x 425Mzh)
    CPU Host Frequency [425]
    C.I.A.2 [Disabled]

System Memory Multiplier [4.00B] << try B first, if no luck then D.  You should also be able to choose a multi without a letter right?  If so test that as well
    Memory Frequency [1700]

Dram Timing [Manual]
    Standard Timing Control
    CAS [10]
    Dram RAS to CAS# [10]
    DRAM RAS Precharge [10]
    Precharge Delay [25]

Advanced Timing Control

ACT to ACT [5] << maybe 6-7
    Rank Write to Read [5] << maybe 10-14
    Write to Precharge [10] << try 12
    Refresh to ACT [74] <<< 80-85
    Read to Precharge [5] << 6-7
    Static tRead [8] << Here is likely a large part of the issue at hand, you may need to use 9-10 or more for this much ram at such high speeds

Comand Rate [2]

CPU Clock Skew Control [150ps] <<< Try 50-100
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [200ps] << Test 100-150, and 250 +

System Voltage Control

CPU Voltage Control [1.3265V] << maybe quite a bit more for 3.8
    The main thing to find out is which is holding you back, the ram or the CPU. If you can boot with something but not be stable, or load windows at all. Please test those settings in memtest86+ to rule the ram out as the issue, then you will know if you need a ram adjustment or a CPU voltage or otherwise adjustment

I think Static tRead of 8 and you was using the 400 Strap may have been part of what was stopping you from booting thru with the changed CPU mutli. If you keep having issues, set Memory multi on Auto until you can get booted thru, then you can later go back and manually set it

Thanks for your help LSDMEASAP, sorry for the confusion. I cut and pasted the timings from another post and did not see the mistakes.

Just to be clear the system is running stable at 3.6 (9 x 400) with DDR3 running at 1600.

here are the correct settings....

CPU Clock Ratio [8]
    CPU Frequency 3.6 (9 x 400Mzh)
    CPU Host Frequency [400]
    PCI Express Frequency [Auto]
    C.I.A.2 [Disabled]

System Memory Multiplier [4.00D]
    Memory Frequency [1600]

Dram Timing [Manual]
    Standard Timing Control
    CAS [10]
    Dram RAS to CAS# [10]
    DRAM RAS Precharge [10]
    Precharge Delay [25]

Advanced Timing Control

ACT to ACT [5]
    Rank Write to Read [5]
    Write to Precharge [10]
    Refresh to ACT [74]
    Read to Precharge [5]
    Static tRead [8]
    Comand Rate [2]

CPU Clock Skew Control [150ps]
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [200ps]

System Voltage Control

CPU Voltage Control [1.3265V]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

These settings appear to be the limit, when I try to raise the Fine CPU C.R. to [0.5] for a 3.82 (9.5 x 400) clock or 4.00 (10 x 400) the system will boot but Vista-64 crashes and sends me back to the BIOS.

Also every time I try to set the PCI Express Frequency from [Auto] to [100] the system shuts down and restarts with setting back in [Auto]?? Any suggestions for this???

So before I start tweaking what would you suggest for the most efficient sytem for video editing and graphic intense programs with my QX9770 and 8GB DDR3-RAM(1800).

Would the system be faster with the memmory lowered to 1333Mhz with the CPU and FSB running at 3.82 (9.5 x 400)?? Or some CPU overclock and faster FSB 3.82 (9 x 425)??

I'm not looking for the fastest system and don't want to damage the Motherboard, but looking for the most efficient way to overclock these high end components. So I'm open to suggestions.

About this

Have you tried more or less PCI Voltage? This should not be a issue to set to any value. Maybe try 102 and see if that will work. This is likely part of your issue with going any higher. And If I was you I would stop now and back off to default and do a flash or a load optimized again. If you do not and you keep running a overclock the PCI express will be also overclocked ALOT if left in Auto.

Faster FSB is best, so whatever you can get fuly stable with a high FSB would be your best solution. Have you tried 9x450 or 8x500?

The board will be fine as long as you do not pump any CRAZY voltages into anything. You can add way more CPU voltage, and FSB. So you will be fine as long as temps are good on your CPU

Please try anything you can to get PCI Set to 100, If you have to go back and load optimized and start over but set the PCI express to 100 at stock speeds, and then work your way back up (Or just put back in your settings after you change that and reboot)

About this

Have you tried more or less PCI Voltage? This should not be a issue to set to any value. Maybe try 102 and see if that will work. This is likely part of your issue with going any higher. And If I was you I would stop now and back off to default and do a flash or a load optimized again. If you do not and you keep running a overclock the PCI express will be also overclocked ALOT if left in Auto.

Faster FSB is best, so whatever you can get fuly stable with a high FSB would be your best solution. Have you tried 9x450 or 8x500?

The board will be fine as long as you do not pump any CRAZY voltages into anything. You can add way more CPU voltage, and FSB. So you will be fine as long as temps are good on your CPU

Please try anything you can to get PCI Set to 100, If you have to go back and load optimized and start over but set the PCI express to 100 at stock speeds, and then work your way back up (Or just put back in your settings after you change that and reboot)

I took your advise and loaded optimized defaults in the BIOS and run the memtest on each stick of DDR3 1 at a time with no errors.

I tried several times to change PCI Express Frequency [100] with no luck. I used 99 -106 and each time BIOS reboots with setting in [Auto]?? I have the ...
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control [+.20]
    DDR3 OverVoltage Control [+.40]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+.275]

I have tried pulling back the system to 7.5x400 and slowed ram to 1333 the BIOS will only accept xx.xB or xx.D and still no luck.

In short .....
    PCI Express Frequency [Auto] .... no matter what setting I use the BIOS will only load with these settings??? If what you say is correct that setting from [Auto] to 100 should not be an issue then what is keeping me from enabling the custom setting???

I speak freely, and i think gigabytes bios are way to bad..........why dont they listen to all the users problem and make a bios that really works......

I cant make any custom settings either.....it will just go back to stock as it was from the beginning

Timings is the only thing i can change....nothing more:)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread Information