Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP35C-DS3R cpu voltage wont stick

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP35C-DS3R cpu voltage wont stick

YOU MUST Load and Save optimized defaults and reboot, otherwise the flash is not properly and fully loaded.

So please do it now and start over with your settings.

Sounds like you are not giving enough volts to your CPU then, I would have to see what you are trying that fails to answer you for sure

I flashed to f3 bios, loaded opt defaults. And now i can't get my system to boot with anything other than the default settings.

I've tried turning my volts all the way up to 1.45(going in small increments), ive tried lowering my memory to 800, when its rated at 1000. I've tried lowering my memory timings to 6-6-6-17...

I've tried putting all settings on auto except voltages, and then raising my cpu clock speed from default 3ghz to a measley 3.2ghz and it wouldnt boot.

Before i reflashed f3 and loaded opt defaults, i could get my cpu to over 4ghz from 3ghz, but i had to slow down my memory timings...now i cant raise it above 3ghz no matter what i do :(

I've flahsed to f4a bios, and now i just flashed it to f2 bios.

This is what is happening currently: i load opt defaults. I turn disable all of the proper settings according to overclocking guide thru BIOS. The compuer boots up fine.

I go to MIT settings, all i do is turn my cpu fsb to manual instead of auto. I change no settings. The computer no longer boots.

I go back into MIT, i add voltage to my memory, +.1 to everything, and raise my vcore to 1.35. I leave cpu fsb to auto. Computer boots up.

I go back into MIT, i turn cpu fsb from auto back onto manual, but i once again dont change the settings, keep it at 333. Computer no longer boots.

Wtf is going on? This exact problem happens on f2, f3, f4a bios. It wasn't happening before you told me to reflash f3 and load opt defaults.

Another update: i cleared my CMOS. Problem still persists. The computer won't even boot up if i turn my Pcie-express from auto to 100.

What settings are you using fully? If Auto, that is why. A few things must be set for 2x2GB, aside from voltages, Which you may need more of. Please try some FULL manual settings, and post for me what fails for you so I can see your voltages you try, and full timings

Do you have legacy USB storage detect disabled again? If not be sure to go disable it, and unhook and external USB devices

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    What settings are you using
    Do you have legacy USB storage detect disabled again? If not be sure to go disable it, and unhook and external USB devices
    That worked :)

Ahh!

Glad I remembered to remind you! Ya, I don't know why but this settings is very funky on some boards and fine on others. And it can help to be disabled with many issues

Glad to see you are back in business!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information