Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R - Memory problem?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R - Memory problem?

Yeap, sure can get ya all setup

Post a link for that, I have never seen a w on any of them. No letters on any of their models actually. I do see that in google though, so it may just be a overseas thing?

I do know the guy who posts alot of Mushkin reviews at Mushkin from Germany "Pushkin" reviewed then and I just found his page and it says >>>

The term "W" means that the Speicherset with the new color Heatspreader Arctic White from the frost-byte series daherkommt
    Translated to english. Just a special Heatsink is all. So they will be white, not black is all

ROFL! I'm looking at the picture of them and it's true, why couldn't I think of that? :D

Nevermind, let's see how the finances are today ;)

Too bad you do not live in the US, you can custom order direct from Mushkin and get any color heatspreader you want. Out of what colors they sell of course.

Good luck on getting them, Hope to get me some soon! I may end up buying used ones on ebay so I dont have to save so long

I'm not sure if it's memory related, but here we go again.

Can the memory cause boot up problems?

Sometimes the computer doesn't bootup, everything winds up.
    Fans and drives, but no picture and no beep from the MB?

I have to restart a couple of times and then it boots up as normal?

Yeah, sounds like you have some setting to low. How many times does it boot if you let it be? A double boot when making BIOS changes is normal, and triple boot anytime is not.

If I let it be, nothing happens. The harddrive led shows some activity but nothing more.

So i restart 3-4 times and then it boots up normally.

I've just tried to set the memorys to 4-4-4-12 and 2.0v, and now it seems to be working fine? I've tested 3dmark2006 without errors...11000something points.

But I will try new memorys anyway.

Ya, I would. You ram should likely use 2.0-2.1, but like I sid Crucial does not work well in P35, and is not the best by far anymore and often needs a RMA.

So you would be better off with different ram

Update!

After some testing I've discovered that one pair was faulty, I did an RMA to Crucial and got a new pair...

But for one week ago my computer crashed, lots of errors on the harddrive according to WinXP. Tested the harddrive (WD Raptor 74GB) with DLG, but no errors found. Tested the memorys as well but no problem?

I reinstalled the OS and updated everything. (please remind me to do a Ghost on my system-disk...)
    The computer worked fine, I played games and so. The computer is on 24/7.

But yesterday the same problem happens, I had to restart the computer 4 times before Windows started but some programs was behaving strangely. I reboot the comp. again and then an inconsistency check on the harddrive (C:\) started and it found a lot of errors again...

A few hours later I had to restart the comp. again, but when Windows was about to start a BSOD shows up and restarts the comp.
    And thats the current status. I'm getting a bit frustrated here.

I saw in a other message that 4 sticks of memory on my mobo isn't a good idea?

Should I replace them to 2*2GB (Mushkin) instead?

Or is the mobo faulty?

HELP!!!

4 sticks is fine, but I can tell you that you now likely have 2 different sets of mismatched ram. Crucial changes chips used often in sets, so your old and new are likely different. They often change chips, which changes the rated voltages needed. And some older are double sided and some newer are double and single sided all using different chips.

What you can do is RMA the other set and tell them you need the exact model # they sent you this time around as a replacement so you have matched pairs. They do not ask questions often for RMA, so just say the other pair has errors as well, and remind them you just had a RMA and need a specific Model # so your sets match up

You can see this by the model #, I assure you they do not match up. So it would pretty much be the same as trying to use 2 different brands. It just wont work out very well.

I have 2x2 and 4x1 sets of Crucial on the way for testing, should be here tomorrow so I will be posting some findings for settings and such on them once I get them tested. This will help for those like you who do like Crucial and Gigabyte.

Hmm, I'll have to check that. I believe they're matching...

Do you believe that the errors would disappear if I buy Mushkin instead?
    2*2GB?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information