Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: checksum error

Default checksum error

so I have heard of people with bios checksum errors, however the other day and every day since I have received a Backup BIOS checksum error which then says it is repairing then restarts and does the whole thing over again, I cant get into the bios, Qflash, or anything.

does any one know what the problem might be, i have tryed most of the solutions for a normal checksum error like swaping out mem sticks but they dont seem to help.

Default Re: checksum error

Quote Originally Posted by Borathian View Post
    so I have heard of people with bios checksum errors, however the other day and every day since I have received a Backup BIOS checksum error which then says it is repairing then restarts and does the whole thing over again, I cant get into the bios, Qflash, or anything.

does any one know what the problem might be, i have tryed most of the solutions for a normal checksum error like swaping out mem sticks but they dont seem to help.
    Is this a result of a bios upgrade?

I've noticed the new bios update application is completely automatic - ie with no warnings as to what its going to do next. (Floppy Update method)

Did you already cleared the CMOS? There is a two pin in the mobo just near the backup battery (see you manual).
    Remove the computer power cord just to be safe and keep a jump there for almost 20 minutes.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

@VorLonUK

it might have updated automatically, tho I'm not sure.

@svcglobal

yes, I have tried that tho not for 20 min, I shall attempt it again.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

@BIOS strikes again or what caused this?

Let us know how clearing the CMOS helps. And best to try one stick of ram in slot one and that is it.

Did you PREVIOUSLY have a Floppy drive connected and set as first boot device? If so you may be in luck and can try a blind flash (Let me know)

You may need to RMA your board

I'm not sure what caused it.

and yes I only have one stick of mem in.

I can actually fiddle with some thing at which point it goes from having a backup bios error to a main bios error...that that's not much of a help as my pc still doesn't work.

the only thing left is the GPU so today I will try a different GPU as the one currently installed was being a bit fidgety and retarded until i updated the bios on my first install, hopfully this will help(RMAing is such a pain )

btw how does one blind flash?

I'm not sure what caused it.

and yes I only have one stick of mem in.

I can actually fiddle with some thing at which point it goes from having a backup bios error to a main bios error...that that's not much of a help as my pc still doesn't work.

the only thing left is the GPU so today I will try a different GPU as the one currently installed was being a bit fidgety and retarded until i updated the bios on my first install, hopfully this will help(RMAing is such a pain )

btw how does one blind flash?
    Do you mean another CPU, rather than GPU?

1) If so what was the model of the original CPU and what are you trying in the board now.

2) Have you a floppy drive connected to the board? If you have it is possible with the very latest flash application Gigabyte are shipping with some of it's latest bioses, to create a Dos Floppy boot disk, copy the contents of the Gigabyte Flash upgrade File to the disk and just insert that disk and let the PC start and access it.

The newer Flash Application is totally automatic! (dos floppy type) Unlike previous Dos Flash Utilities, where you used to be presented with a Flash upgrade application and then had to select your new bios image manually and apply for the process to begin - the latest version, boots from floppy, finds the image on floppy disk and updates the bios with no prompts or confirmations required.

Because of this, if your PC will atleast boot to the floppy drive, it is then possible for the new bios to be flashed, with absolutely no input from yourself. Pretty handy if you have been "locked out" through a keyboard or other glitch.

I have no idea (sure Lsdmeasap can help) if all the latest bioses are now being shipped with the new firmware utility. I know bios F11 for the ga-p35c-ds3r rev2.0 is.

Note:- In your case you will have to create the bootable floppy bios upgrade disk on another PC, or get someone to create it for you. I still fit floppy drives on Pc Builds as they are very cheap and can make bios/firmware updating very easy and safe.
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 09-05-2008 at 01:50 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

You will have had to PREVIOUSLY had the floppy installed, and set as first boot device or a blind flash will not work

Here is how you do it, if you did have a floppy ALREADY installed and set as first boot device >>>
    Award 6.0 BIOS - BootBlock Recovery

You will use the Flash app included with GA BIOS's instead of the one mentioned, and rename .Fxx to .Bin

Can you get in the BIOS AT ALL? If so you may want to try Qflashing a different BIOS and load/save optimized defaults

Thread Information