Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigabyte-x48-DQ6

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte-x48-DQ6

Sounds like your drive is bad, what brand is it? Have you checked it with HDDlife >>>
    HDDlife® - real-time hard-drive monitoring utility with alerts, malfunction protection and data loss prevention functions. This hard-drive inspector is a proactive hard drive failure detection system that controls 100% of hard-drive risks.

I say that because those are very loose timings and should give you no issues.

See if this helps any >>>

PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________5
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 18

Make sure you set these to these values in the BIOS, not what they appear as in memtest, they will differ
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 5
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 14
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 12
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________75
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 8
    Static tRead Value_______________ 10
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31 << Leave Auto or Zero or 1-31

MCH +.25 - .30

How hot is your Northbridge? Can you touch it for more then 10 seconds, with your finger, while the system is running? It may need a fan on it with 8GB, at the very least the thermal paste for sure likely needs redone under it if you feel up to it. If you do, use NON Conductive, and clean off the old paste carefully. Be careful in general because that is a BARE Silicon chip under there. The factory "Gunk" Is always either way to thick, not enough coverage, or too little coverage.

I may not be able to reply back to you until tonight, I am having Satellite issues due to the hurricane. I will be back tonight, weather permitting
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-07-2008 at 02:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information