Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

Default Re: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yeap, that is all you need in Qflash is the F6 file
    ok thanks
    Gigabyte ep45-ud3p q9550@4037 true 120 black.
    mushkin pc8000 2x2 4g gtx260 216 ocz 700w ps.

Hi!

First off, I'm new here and have a GA-EP35C-DS3R with a Q9450, and a RAID mirror configuration.

I was a little hasty when I just a few minutes ago felt like upgrading my BIOS from F1 to F3. I followed some Q-Flash instructions somewhere, but kind of missed the part that I should toggle "Load optimized defaults" after the upgrade is successful and on the subsequent reboot. BUT, I for some reason entered the RAID setup, felt confused, and simply ESCed out of there, yielding an "Update successful" message, or similar. My computer boots and works just fine (I'm using it now), but I'm wondering:

Should I still try the "Load optimized defaults"? Will it tamper with my RAID, and will I in that case have to refresh the RAID settings somehow? Does the optimized defaults really do anything cool? I also read somewhere that perhaps the FSB speed isn't properly set automatically (default too slow?)? Are there other stuff I should change in the BIOS, like system voltage to auto? I don't want to overclock or anything, I just want stable settings that are suitable for my setup.

Any input is appreciated!
    -r1ffe
    Last edited by r1ffe; 01-14-2009 at 12:49 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, you should always load optimized defaults as it is part of the Flashing process and enables settings you cannot access relevant to your CPU. It is a MUST for sure

It will not tamper with your RAID as long as you remember to go BACK TO THE BIOS BEFORE WINDOWS and set your Settings BACK to RAID And reboot BACK to the BIOS And the move your array back to the top of the Hard Disk Boot Priority List if it is not already

Write down your settings in Integrated Peripherals if you think you will forget them. These are the ones that MUST be set back to the same way as before for your RAID to work properly. Then in the Advanced BIOS page is where you would move your disk to the top of Hard Disk Boot Priority again.

Just dont let windows load until you are sure your settings are back to the same way in the Integrated Peripherals page and you will be fine

As for the rest of your settings, please make a thread with your specs and I will be happy to help

Thanks! I loaded the optimized defaults and switched back to RAID, and everything seems to still work. =) But it would be interesting to find out what the optimized defaults actually changed. I'm posting a new thread in a minute.

Smile Re: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

i flashed my bios no problem my raid is all good..im running f6 now prime blend test still running. my q9559 @4.2 i have f7c loaded on a floppy might give it a try..
    Gigabyte ep45-ud3p q9550@4037 true 120 black.
    mushkin pc8000 2x2 4g gtx260 216 ocz 700w ps.

Hello. My mobo is a EP35C-DS3R with F2 Bios version and I want to update it to F3. Ive read your wonderful guide to use Qflash, but my doubt is that the file Ive download from Gigabyte website is an .exe file, not .bin or other extension. Ill use Qflash with an USB stick plugged.

How, or when must I execute that .exe, and what does it?????

Many thanks, and sorry for my english.

Quote Originally Posted by Patxirulo View Post
    Hello. My mobo is a EP35C-DS3R with F2 Bios version and I want to update it to F3. Ive read your wonderful guide to use Qflash, but my doubt is that the file Ive download from Gigabyte website is an .exe file, not .bin or other extension. Ill use Qflash with an USB stick plugged.

How, or when must I execute that .exe, and what does it?????

Many thanks, and sorry for my english.
    You need to extract the bios file from the zipped up RAR self extracting exe file.

You either need Winrar to do this (I believe 7-zip also extracts RAR files),
    OR
    Execute the file in windows and let the self extracter, extract to a temporary folder etc (of your choice). Then copy the bios file (the largest file) to the USB stick. Then use QFlash
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 01-21-2009 at 01:37 AM.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Hello
    I tried to upgrade to F10 my EP45-DS3R with a USB Stick formatted Fat32, but has not been recognized by QFlash, only recognized the floppy.
    Then I upgraded to F10 with QFlah from the floppy and the process has been good, but I reboot the BIOS and remains F9.
    What happened?
    Thanks

Edit: I've re-formatted USB stick and has worked well. The BIOS on F10
    Last edited by Bransedano; 01-24-2009 at 01:22 AM.

Hi,

I am flashing a ud3r to F6 using my usb stick. When i use qflash it finds the usb and starts to flash and then says
    'checksum 9100'
    It ask if I want to continue. Should I continue ? I opted not to the first two times because I wasn't sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by r2rickster View Post
    Hi,

I am flashing a ud3r to F6 using my usb stick. When i use qflash it finds the usb and starts to flash and then says
    'checksum 9100'
    It ask if I want to continue. Should I continue ? I opted not to the first two times because I wasn't sure.

Thanks
    Yes do continue it's ready to go.
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition C3 0945FPAW
    GIGABYTE GA-790FXTA-UD5 F3F Bios
    OCZ AMD Black Edition 4GB DDR3 1600
    Corsair H50
    XFX 8800 GTS 320
    PCPOWER&COOLING SILENCER 750 QUAD
    Coolermaster HAF-132 case

Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information