Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Default Re: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Did all boards get the updated Qflash now, or just X58?
    My UD3P is ver.2.08,also with Load CMOS Default (Enable/Disable)
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

So there is 2.05, 2.08, and 2.09 now then?

Ill just make one image combining all of them then

hi mate im new here and i want to know if the bios on this board is recoverable check here is the link to the thread http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/how-...s-flash-31131/

any info would be great thanks

I will go check your thread now, Did you see the recovery methods posted on page one of this thread? I posted a few ways to try to recover things at the end of the guide.

I will reply in your thread here in a few as well though, to link you back to this guide of course, and give you any other thoughts I have on your situation

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I will go check your thread now, Did you see the recovery methods posted on page one of this thread? I posted a few ways to try to recover things at the end of the guide.

I will reply in your thread here in a few as well though, to link you back to this guide of course, and give you any other thoughts I have on your situation

hi mate thanks for the reply it only gets to the first bios screen eg bios ver, memtest and it detects the ide devices as soon as it finishes detecting the ide devices check sum error if i put del to enter the bios it says entering setup and then a black screen with a cursor i can't actually enter the setup to change anything.

i am using a ps2 keyboard but i haven't tried with nothing connected i will try it next

regarding blind flashing i don't know if there was a floppy installed and set as the first boot device but if i hook one up it does try and read even when that black screen is up and does it matter what flash utility i use and are all the switches for the utility the same?

it doesn't say searching for backup bios but i will give the mb cd a shot.

thanks again for your advice

What happens if you remove all Devices (CD/Hard Drives) and only use one stick of ram in slot one?

Well it sounds like your floppy was set as first boot device then, so you could try those methods but I would try with no drives connected first because one of them may be causing the issue and not your board. And this is likely to be the case since you do not see it say "Searching for Backup BIOS"

The Checksum error indicates that the Two BIOS's do not match because one has been recovered or reset and will remain until you load optimized or set your own settings. Do you have any other ram to test with, I would also be doing that as your ram may be to blame possibly as well.

You can use any Ultility you want, yes the switches are normally the same. You could always run the utility on another PC without a bat file and check what switches are available using the /? switch like so>>>

AWDFLASH.EXE /?

FLASH895.EXE /?

FLASHSPI.EXE /?

FLASH892.EXE /?

I would use Flash895 or AWDFlash, or if FlashSPI Comes with your BIOS downloads then it would be fine as well. Switches may not be needed anyway, you may just be able to flash with the normal command that is already in your BIOS downloads .bat file (flash892 k8nusli.f6) without switches. But if you get no where try it with switches, of course try my other suggestions first though.

I just grabbed F6 and it uses Flash892, so you may want to use that (I think they are all the same though anyway so flash program may not matter so much)>>>
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...S&FileID=11794

hi mate cheers for finding that bios for me but when i first hooked up the floppy drive i must of done it wrong because nothing happen i tried about 10 times.

i have been doing trying with nothing connected no hdd's or cd except for a pci express video card because the board has no on board graphics.

i have tried 2 different sticks of ram (one at a time) in this machine and they both work because they are out of another pc that works.

you where saying that the checksum error was form a difference in the 2 bois's setting is there a way to force the machine to boot from the backup bios even if i have to remove the main bios (i know its not in a socket and strait on the board)?

thanks mate

Yes, it should appear that nothing happens. But then the floppy should be accessed of course though. Since you said "First Hooked Up the Floppy" do you mean it was not hooked up before? If not, then it may not have been set as the first boot device and thus would not help in this matter. And it sounds like it is not set like that, if you do not see the floppy accessed then it is not

Well I know you can short the MAIN BIOS out, but I only know which pins that is for the new 2x8Mbit boards. I do not know nor could I even start to suggest for your boards chips

You are not using 1066Mhz memory are you? Just checking as that could cause issues.

Can you give me the numbers off the BIOS chips and maybe I can find the manual and then be able to tell you which pins to short

And yes, if you remove/de-solder the MAIN BIOS it will boot from the backup chip if it is ok still, but that is up to you.

hi mate thanks for your reply i got given just the board with the failed flash so i don't know what was hooked up when i first put the floppy in the read light was on but when i made the boot/flash disk on my other system i had to turn the plug over for it to work.

im using old school ddr 400 ram

on the main bios sticker

PhoenixBios
    D686 BIOS
    PHOENIX 1998

on the sticker under the first one

K8NUSLI
    .00 F1
    PMCDFOO

on the chip itself

PMC Flash
    NOLAT
    Pm49EL004T-33JC

i didn't know witch info you needed so i hope thats alright

if the back chip boots i should be able to recover the main for that

thanks again mate you been a big help

Sorry, that gave me the info I needed, but sadly it was of no help.

Here is the PDF For that chip
    http://pdf.chinaicmart.com/PM4/PM49FL002.pdf

And here is the one I know how to short, using Pins #5 + #6
    http://www.mct.net/download/macronix/mx25l8005.pdf

There is so many pins on the one you have, and none of the names are the same So I would not be sure of how to advise

You can try some of the methods posted here or ask if anyone can tell you for sure here, the info I mention about blind flashing award BIOS and Shorting the pins for modern boards is also posted here >>
    BIOS Recovery procedures - My Digital Life Forums

Wish I could help, but I am not sure with that many pins what to advise. Maybe pins 31 and 30 but I am just not sure. I am not even sure if it is possible with that chip

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information