Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

Default Re: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Looks like the right BIOS.
    I meant if you flashed BIOS on this board or is it the original that came with it.
    Don't use @BIOS.
    Try to extract the file again with winrar or other utility, and reformat the floppy/USB drive you are using.
    Otherwise wait for someone that knows better than me.
    Well I think I figured it out. Looks like I'm out of luck. I'ts an early version.

Well I contacted Gigabyte, and after a few Emails, this is the official...

Dear customer,
    Could be the board you have was sample board for reviewer testing, not mass production model. Any chance you can contact vendor for board replacement ? because seems bios not alow to update.

I don't know why I was getting the hal.dll error, but I messed around and reformatted the flash drive a few times and it's now working.

BTW, the latest Bios for the GA-P55-UD4P is F4t according to the Gigabyte website. I just flashed it using the thumb drive and Qflash. It seems to be working fine.

Aloha
    Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    Intel i7 860
    4GB Kingston 1600
    Radeon 4850
    WD 300GB Raptor
    WD 75GB Raptor
    Windows 7 64

Thumbs up Re: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

USB device not recognized in Q-Flash--PROBLEM SOLVED--
    If you have a problem with a USB device not being recognized then I have the solution for you.

I do want to say first, that we all appreciate guys like Lsdmeasap for providing these excellent help guides for us computer enthusiasts. Thank-you.

1. Follow all the guide's instructions for getting the Bios file onto your USB device (I personally use a FAT32 format on mine).
    2. Where it says your USB device must be plugged in when you boot in Bios setup, DON'T plug your USB device in at all at this stage. Boot into the Bios setup first then use F8 to get into Q-Flash utility. NOW PLUG IN USB device before you do anything else.
    3. Definitely, choose SAVE BIOS to Drive option first, and guess what you'll see that Q-Flash now see's your USB device. Save your Bios back-up to the USB device, then go back and choose LOAD BIOS from Drive.
    And follow the rest of the instructions.

This worked for any USB device I used. Good luck.

Lsdmeasap, Thank you. I start flashing my bios this way now since i first read about this. Also very very helpful.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

For me the easiest way is by Q-Flash(F8).Have deducated partition with 50MB (FAT32),on my HD and no any issue at all.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Smile Re: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    For me the easiest way is by Q-Flash(F8).Have deducated partition with 50MB (FAT32),on my HD and no any issue at all.
    What? I can't even.. Wow, clever as heck Needed much with 4gb+ flash drives. Can i force a format of fat32 with 8gb flash drive?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes I agree with Stasio, not only is it nicer and easier to keep a FAT32 partition on your hard drive, it also allows you not to have to worry about USB incompatibilities or issues. And it can also save you in time of a bad flash or BIOS corruption as well.

I keep a 1GB partition on my drives as well, just in case. I keep a few BIOS versions on the partition as well.

Hi, I'm new here :)

Can you (OP) explain step-by-step the process of clearing the CMOS? I'm not sure if I understand correctly the procedures in the first page. This is how I understand it:

1. Shutdown computer, unplug power cord, and let it rest for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

2. Plug in the 2-pin jumper and press and hold the power switch button for 1 minute.

3. Let go of the power switch button, and wait for 20 minutes.

4. After 20 minutes, remove the jumper.

5. Plug the cord, and start the computer.

6. Go to BIOS and load optimized defaults.

Is that correct? So all in all, you would be waiting about 21 minutes?

Also, I have the Ep45-UD3P board, is F101f known to be a stable BIOS revision? Or is it still F10b?

Is it also normal for this board to have this kind of behavior "sometimes", when I save and exit from the BIOS the computer will shutdown and then turn on and then for about 5 seconds will turn off and then for about 5 seconds again it will turn on and proceed to POST and everything will be back to normal? It's like it's giving an extra on/off sequence. This occurs randomly though, so I don't know if it's normal or not?

Thanks for your help :)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, that all is correct!

Often you do not "Have" to wait 20 minutes, but I suggest it just in case so no issues arise as it is better to wait 20 minutes than to wait for a RMA if things go badly.

Sometimes it only takes a few seconds, just so you know.

Not sure which BIOS is best for your board, but I personally always suggest and use the latest Beta BIOSes

Yes that is normal procedure, sometimes when changing certain settings the board must shut down to apply the new settings, then shut down and restart to check and verify they work then it will boot through to windows. All very normal, and only happens sometimes depending on what you have changed and or what was previously set.

If this happens and you see a Red Warning in the MIT Section of the BIOS after it is done with the cycle then you have set incorrect settings and defaults will be loaded and used no matter what appears to be set in the BIOS. If you are not seeing this warning then everything is normal

Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread Information