Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

Default Re: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

Just saw that a new bios (FC3) is available for my GA-X58UDR3 Rev 2 board. I already used qflash before on my UD5 and this UD3 so I know what to expect, or at least I thought I did. This time qflash Ver.2.15 said "no drives". Anyone thoughts?

@pcporemba, I had a similar issue with Qflash (didn't see any drives), I eventually tried formatting my flash drive to a plain old FAT filesystem and that seemed to do the trick. Hope this helps.

Well after trying a few times and after seeing "Found No Drives" many times it did finally work. I just keep hitting enter and sometimes it found the drive, most times it did'nt. Re-running OCCT to see if I'm still stable at 176X23.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nice to see you finally got it working!

Next time you install your OS you should make a 1GB or smaller FAT32 partition at the end of your disk, that way you never have to worry if your USB Sticks fail you.

Smaller ones do work better than larger ones, so if it is a large one and you do have a smaller one then try the smaller one next time.

I can make DOS bootable CD's for people, but that is on a per BIOS level, so you would always have to PM me each time.

Someday when I have time I will make a guide on how to do that, but just too busy right now.

Added BIOS simple recovery method "BIOS Recover Method Via Manually Invoking BACKUP BIOS Auto-Recovery / Using Power Supply - On/Off Switch"

Hey everyone

Posting here after exhausting all options. I have a Gigabyte 8IP900 MB. Thing came up with a Bootlock error, Scanning for Bios in hard drive. After reading the guide, it sounds like the only way to recover is by a floppy/stiffy drive ONLY? So trying to recover via a hdd is not an option?

Regards

Johan

Yes, that may be the only option for a board that old with only one BIOS chip.

Recovery Via HDD is only possible on newer boards, that backup the BIOS to HDD.

Can you solder, if so and you can't recover via floppy you may be able to order a new BIOS chip on ebay.

been having problems with my ram/motherboard and realized my bios is out of date and its supposed to "improve memory compatibility". my last resort and no one has helped me with my thread yet on here lol but i figured bios needs to be updated anyways. my first time updating bios actually, so i just wanted to be sure with what im doing. i have a ga-h55-usb3 rev 2.0 and im trying to update to v7 bios,
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1156 - GA-H55-USB3 (rev. 2.0)
    the walk-through was easy on here but the files were different obviously but i just wanted to be sure.

in my case its just these 3 files?
    autoexec.bat
    h55usb3.f7
    flashspi.exe

seems like everyone had Flash895.exe also..any help would be appreciated thanks.

You can use Qflash, then you only need the h55usb3.f7 file.

Or if you want to flash from DOS then all you need is the above files, the bat file contains the command to flash once you have DOS Loaded.

Flashspi and Flash895 are the same, it's just a newer version is all.

It is possible to make the BIOS Auto-Recovery kick in (Dual BIOS) and re-flash the MAIN BIOS with the contents of the BACKUP BIOS.
    Should this work after the motherboard gets into a state where it fails to even emit a beep code during POST?
    This method did not work for me on my h67ma-ud2h. Nor did shorting pins 4&7 or 5&6 on the main bios chip. (The h67ma has a newer BIOS chip than what is described in the BIOS chip shorting thread, an MX25L3206E, but the pins appear compatible...)

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread Information