Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"

Just put the 965PDS3.14b file on your USB stick and enter Qflash. From the BIOS that is F8 on the main page, from bootup you can push the End key to get there as well

Change "Keep DMI" to disabled and Flash, if you see a 4 letter checksum you are good to go ahead with the flash

Legacy USB Storage Dectect MUST be enabled in Integrated Peripherals Page of the BIOS and you must leave your USB Stick plugged in when you reboot to flash

Ok, the "autoexec" "FLASHSPI" are useless?
    and after reboot i need load optimized defaults or load safe-failt default?
    the "Keep DMI" option is in the bios options or in the Q-FLASH ?
    and the pendrive must be formated in FAT or FAT32?

Yes, if you are using USB Stick you do not need those. Those files are for Floppy or CD to be used with DOS

Load optimized and then set your ram voltage and reboot BACK to the BIOS and set all your disk settings again

Keep DMI is enabled by default, change it to Disable. It is in Qflash

Must be FAT32 or 16 or 12, Just use FAT32. Most ALL USB's are already formatted to this and you do not need to do anything or delete files from it, just add your BIOS file and go into Qflash

What is the option "keep DMI" ? Is it better to disable it or not ?

I always disable it so that it will delete the DMI Pool and create a new one once you load optimized defaults and eventually let it go thru the full boot to windows.

That assures you that all data is updated with the flash

without realising I'd probably destroy my motherboard I updated my bios through @bios. When the computer restarted it's now in an endless loop, it gets through the "press del to enter bios setup, end for qflash" menu and the memory check screen, but straight after that it reboots itself.

I've tried using qflash to revert back to the original bios version from giga-byte.com but that hasnt done anything

any help would be appreciated because I'm at wits end

Since you can get into the BIOS and Qlfash you are fine. @BIOS Kills the board so you could not get into either if it was going to affect you.

What you need to do is remove all but one stick of ram and or do that and clear the CMOS and then go into the BIOS and load optimized defaults, and set your ram voltage and reboot back to the BIOS. Then make all other changes again dont forget your SATA/Disk settings

I tried resetting the board by removing the battery (following the mobo's manual directions) but it's just made the problem worse.

now when I turn my pc on all all my fans spin (case, cpu, graphics) for a few seconds then it resets itself. I dont even get the little beep to say the mobo's working correctly

Remove all but one (Known Good) stick of ram in slot one. And see if that helps, if not try the method I posted in Post #2 of this thread to clear your CMOS

On 1st page Lsdmeasap said that without having floppy drive set before bios went bad, it will not work to fix it with award flash utility. I had no floppy and it was also turned off in bios before it went bad. I get CMOS checksum error and few options like enter Qflash, bios ... but can not enter either of those, the screen just goes blank black. Tried getting out battery and shorted cmos pins. See that wont get me far, specialy after reading this post.
    So is there any other option to try, can i even get floppy to work, regarding it was disabled in bios?
    I read somewhere that bios chip can be sent to reprogram. Altho i dont even know yet that it can be removed from this mobo (gigabyte ga-k8nf-9 rev1.0).
    Also some bizare post i`ve read, that when you got 2 same or similar boards, one can loosen bios chip a bit, than run healthy mobo just untill pressing last yes on flashing it. Than carefully remove bios chip and place in the bad bios chip and press last yes on flashing procedure. Pointing out that it should be done with great care. Sounds bit dangerous doing all that while pc is running. Asking bout this because the other pc has same motherboard, only rev2.0
    Ok, anyway, is there any last resort for me to salve bios, before trying to find someone who would reprogram it?

thank you for any advice

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information