Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAM for P35-DS4

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: RAM for P35-DS4

No problems about taking a bit to post! I feel bad when I take longer then a few hours to get in here and help people!

Hey, Static tRead Value of 4? Who told you to set that? Surely it is not the value you saw for Auto there was it? WOW, I mean really! With 2x1GB alot of ram, Mushkins Included, have a hard time even posting with 6 let alone 4. And 6 Often can cause a hard fail and need a Clear of the CMOS to get back up and running. I would advise you set to 7 now before you corrupt your BIOS. Then if you like test 6 maybe.

I cannot see 4 posting at all, are those values above what you have MANUALLY set, and not just what you see on the left for Auto? I could MAYBE see 4 posting into the BIOS for Auto, but it would change in Windows for sure when you started the system. Who knows it may run like that and you got lucky with some very good IC chips on your ram sticks, but I highly doubt that is memtest86+ stable.

Mind posting a MemSet Image of your settings before you change anything? Here is the program >>>
    Tweakers.fr

DO NOT USE THE SAVE BUTTON! This program is explained in the memory guide here if you want to mess with it, please read about it first >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/memo...vs-bios-27283/

Well you will have to overclock your CPU to get more then 800 likely, Depending on what Memory Multipliers you have available. If you do want to try for more, let me know what you want to try with your CPU and I will make some suggestions

Here is some settings for you to start testing and bring down to >>>

Robust Graphics Booster Auto - [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio - [9]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Disabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [266]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2 Disabled [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [3.00] = 798Mhz Ram Speed
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Auto]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 4
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 4
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______4
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 10/12 << Test 10 first or last depending on your thoughts.

Use the higher settings below to test 10 above. If you decide to keep 10 the lower will not lokely come down so low as they would if you used 12 above

Please move Below settings only one at a time and test between each move, otherwsie you wont know what is causing errors for you.

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3-4
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3-6 (Benchmark 9-11)
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 4-6
    Refresh to ACT Delay_____________38-42
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3-6
    Static tRead Value_______________ 7-10
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 0 (yes, zero)

System Voltage Control____ [Auto]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [Normal] << Set to 2.0-2.1 (+0.2V - +0.3V)
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [Normal]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] <<< For Stability
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V - +0.15V - +0.2V] << Needed for stable 2x2GB of ram
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [Normal]

The values I reported were the ones I saw in the left. I don't know how BIOS or other things work, at least not to that level, so perhaps it does change after Windows boots? Anyways, I'm including this image of Memset now.

Thanks a lot for the times table. I'll start toying around with it soon and report my failures. But when you said test between each move ("Please move Below settings only one at a time and test between each move,"), are you saying for me to boot up and perform tasks on Windows or what?

I read somewhere on here that I could simply change my CPU Clock Ratio to 8 and CPU Host Frequency to 400, then the system memory multiplier to 2, to get the standard timing for these sticks. I could also do that, too, right? But if it comes down to it, I don't have a problem oc my processor somewhat. I see myself doing that more in the future, after I get a different cpu fan.
    Attached Images Attached Images RAM for P35-DS4-memset-jpg 
    Last edited by FloppySpatula; 09-14-2008 at 10:22 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

No, I mean test with Memtest86+ between each move. Otherwise you will not know what causes errors. If you want, what I do is after each move run a 20 minute or so test of Test # 2 and Test # 5 also. If it passes then the moved setting was likely ok. After a Few moves I would run a full test + the test 2 and 5 by themselves. >>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

To run tests by number, you do this >>>
    1. First press C

2. then 1

3. then 3

4. and finally select the test that you want to run

5. press Enter

6. and then 0 to get it running

Yes, you can use 8x400 to get 1:1 ratio if you like

WOW, that has to fail memtest86+ right? tRD of 4 is too low for sure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information