Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3L/S3L no sound

Red face GA-EP45-DS3L/S3L no sound

Well the machine seems to be up and running fine enough with no crashes so far...

Right now I am trying to get all the basic stuff moving. I have installed the drivers that came on the CD with the system board but there is still no sound. I went online and found some other drivers as well but they didnt work either. There was no install and the device that isnt working didnt point toward any of the folders. Please help?

Oh also: Some of the programs that came with it (ET6) die when I go to test the memory out but Im not too worried about that since the machine isnt crashing because my memory isnt on the list of supported memory.
    GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L; Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz; CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400); Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3Gb/s; XFX GeForce 9800 GTX Black Edition 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI-E

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3L/S3L no sound

Get the drivers from the Gigabyte site page for the mobo. I had trouble with the Realtek audio drivers, and didn't get sound until I rolled back to an earlier version.
    I wouldn't use DES and wouldn't keep EasyTune running any longer than the time needed to check voltages and settings. Both programs crash repeatedly for me.
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Be sure you install the Intel Chipset drivers, you can get the latest here incase your CD has older Vista/XP >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver Download

Realtek HD drivers I always get here >>>
    Realtek

If you still have issues, uninstall the realtek driver. Go in safe mode and then into device manager and remove all sound related driver you see still there (Mainly Microsoft UUA) then reinstall the realtek driver while you are in safe mode and reboot and see if it is working then

You do have it enabled in control panel sounds right? Realtek HD that is, instead of Something else.

What system are you using anyway?

That got it working - thanks guys!
    GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L; Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz; CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400); Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3Gb/s; XFX GeForce 9800 GTX Black Edition 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI-E

Glad to hear that you can now Hear your system!!!

Stop back in anytime you need to

Hello, sorry to revive an old thread but I am having the exact same problem--no sound with my EP45-DS3L. I have downloaded the Realtek HD drivers from the site and tried them, with no luck. I have installed the latest chipset from Gigabyte's website with no luck. I am now downloading the Gigabyte audio drivers from their site to try them out. Any other ideas? Thank you so much!

Pic of my Device Manager.

Anyone? Any ideas? I've tried everything suggested in this thread, I believe...If there's anymore information I can give you to help, PLEASE let me know, I'm desperate for sound, haha!

Also, where is the UUA file in the device manager?

Well...nevermind. I fixed it. Wrong plug in the back.

Ahem. I am an idiot. I thank you for your time!

I was about to comment that it looked to be installed correctly.

Nice to see you found the issue and have corrected it!

Post back anytime if you have any other questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information