Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GSvr.exe crash

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GSvr.exe crash

WOW, it does for me!

What can you not find in Everest, Ill tell you where it is. You said Correct DDR2 voltage, Everest shows that as well. Did you not see it? Maybe the trial is what Is limited. I can see all and much more in everest then ET for sure

Another board eh? Hmm, what did I show you or we talk about exactly? A AIO type application?

Where can you find the DRAM voltage in Everest? I can only find the SPD thing that says 1.8v. I have commanded 2.1v from BIOS, and ET shows 2.088v. Can't find a similar reading in Everest...must be looking in all the wrong places.
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

It is here in Everest (Sorry for the late reply, I almost missed this thread in new posts when I was replying to everyone) >>>>

Ahhh! Thanks, L! Ok, mine is reading 2.064 both in Everest and ET6. Since my RAM is spec'd at 2.1v, do you think I should command 2.2v in BIOS since it appears to drop a bit? Or is this 2.064v number ok at idle?
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

It is fine, and actually better to use less. Especially if your ram is Memtest86+ stable.

But you know that Right? Less volts that are stable on anything is best. Only a few tests would let you know.

Just keep in mind, less and stable also means you do have more room to up the volts and increase ram Freq then

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yeap, waste of programming I think. It will only save you $2-3 per year anyway.

Overclocking boards should not have ever been even made with this or any similar software, defeats the purpose of a strong overclocking board and confuses newer system builders
    Are you sure about that ?
    In DES Advance it says... atm cpu power: 2.675 watts
    And if Offlined is says : 8.385 watts. .

Doesnt that mean loots of more $ per year than 2-3 ?! . .
    Or is this meter just BS ?

Btw.. i also get the GSvr.exe appcrash every day

I UNINSTALLED GSvr.exe, which is associated with gest.exe, and my Win XP Pro PC shuts down randomly because it cannot find COM Service, which is trying to find GSvr.exe.

Can I re-install the file from the Gigabyte motherboard CD? Can I download it from anywhere? Gigabyte does not have these answers.

I uninstalled gest.exe because it was popping up on-screen when I turned the computer on, and I could not find any way to make it start up minimized.

This is the second, Gigabyte, RAID board I have had continuous trouble with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information