Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45-DS5 Config advise please

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS5 Config advise please

Well, several hours and a few bunches of hair less later I can safely say that my simplistic approach didn't work.

With all four 500gb drives plugged into the gigabyte sata ports windows setup only saw one 500gb disk and said that it wasn't suitable for installing windows on.

I now have the four drives on the first four Intel ports and regardless of whether I have RAID enabled or not windows setup only sees 2 drives, disks one and three, I'm assuming it's decided it knows better than me and has made them RAID. I even enabled the RAID so that I could enter the utilit and make sure there was no raid going on that I needed to 'break' but nope.

Oh well, it's been a long day, I'm just going to get the OS on and fight with my other ports and disks tomorrow

Will someone please remind me why I love IT?

There must be easier things to do for living...

Flo
    Last edited by flo_the_lil_minx; 09-12-2008 at 05:01 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Are you sure you have the correct settings for the Intel controller set? They are the top ones in the integrated peripherals page. You should see all four with no RAID, and all 4 with RAID enabled in the RAID (Control +I) page. You will need to Do all this before you install, which I assume you know. Change the below BIOS setting, Reboot and Enter RAID Controller Ctrl + I at the post screens

For RAID settings should be >>>
    SATA RAID/AHCI Mode ..... RAID
    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode .........Disabled

Then you should see all 4 disks. It wont Make a RAID without you! HAHA J/K I know you are stressed. But ya, you have to make them in the RAID Controller

Let me know if this helped any, or where you are when you finally see this

Good luck with things

Hi there,

I tried all of those things. When the system booted up, even though the RAID was disabled in the bios it still said drives controlled by raid as it listed them. I even went into the bios and enabled RAID so that I could go into the utility using ctrl-I to check and they were all listed as independant disks.

Oh well.

Eventully I had the four 500gb drives set up as RAID 10 on the intel ports and then had my blu-ray and one 1tb drive on the remaining two ports and then the other two 1tb drives on GS0 and GS2.

Kinda what I was trying to achieve in the first place but disapointed I've only got 8 sata ports that I can use rather than the 10 I thought I was buying

Doh!

Thanks for all your help though, it makes such a change to be able to post on a forum for help and get real help rather than to wait 3 weeks for a useless response from a sarcastic nerd!

Flo

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh, well I am glad you got it mostly. I do see what you mean about missing out on two ports for sure!!

RAID 10 eh, sounds nice! I need me a few more drives for sure!

Sorry I could not fully get you direct help and solve things, but I am glad You got things setup eventually from all this discussion.

And thanks for the kind words, I know what you mean! I hate waiting for answers that take forever and offer less information in them then the knowledge you already had when you asked!

Good luck with things, and post back anytime

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information