Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3R help pls

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3R help pls

@LSD

i think hitting END key will let you use Q flash utility

do you mean DEL key? ^_^

another thing..

he has a Sata HDD not an IDE so he dont need to set the jumper in the HDD because there is none ^_^
    Last edited by harry23lim; 09-11-2008 at 11:47 PM.

Hitting the END key takes you straight to the QFlash utility from the Gibabyte splash screen. You can also get there from the BIOS main screen (which, of course, you have to get to first by hitting DEL during boot). LSD meant to type DEL key to enter BIOS.
    Last edited by mxcrowe; 09-11-2008 at 11:54 PM.
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

@omgitscole

flash to f10G theres no harm on flashing with this board because it has a dual bios.

just format a flash drive with fat32 and put the downloaded bios inside the flashdrive(without folder)

then reboot.. and when the bios post screen appeared hit END key and you will be starting Qflash utility.

when your inside Q flash. you will see a box that is showing your flash drive. go inside it and find the bios version you downloaded. Eg:EP45DS3R10g

and it will be check'ed and it will prompt you again to continue flashing the bios or not. let it continue.(note: dont turn off computer or restart while flashing)
    Last edited by harry23lim; 09-11-2008 at 11:58 PM.

@Harry: That is incorrect. Some SATA drives have a jumper that forces the drive to operate at 150mb/s for older controllers.
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by omgitscole View Post
    your talking about my "disks" as in my hard drive right? Or are you talking about my hard drive and my CD/DVD drives?? And your also refering to the bottom left part of the MOBO where the ports say SATA0 SATA1 SATA2 SATA3 ect.. right? So Hard drive would go in sata 1 what would go in he other ports? just any other hard drives i want to set upp? Those SATA ports are ONLY for hard drive right?

and so shud I set my CD drive for 1 and hard drive for 2 ?

haha i feel like such a noob. HAHA I DO understand more than i make it seem I just wana make sure I have a smoothe setup with all of this.

And if I remove the jumper on my hard drive what speeds will it run at instead of 1.5GB/s ?

So thats the only stuff I have to do before installing my OS? Is set up my hard drive? God I hope I dont have as much trouble as im anticipating lol.

Also another thing. All this stuf will be going in my current case, until my Antec 900 comes next week. That shud be ok to unplug everything and move it into the Antec next week right?
    Yeah, I meant disks/hard drives. DVD/CD may also be plugged in there as well. You should put your HD's first then CD drives next.

Removing the jumper it will run at SATA II Speed (3.0GB/s) as it should

Best to wait to move things until you have it all there, that way you do not have to take things out twice

Quote Originally Posted by harry23lim View Post
    @LSD

i think hitting END key will let you use Q flash utility

do you mean DEL key? ^_^

another thing..

he has a Sata HDD not an IDE so he dont need to set the jumper in the HDD because there is none ^_^
    Yes, Edited. Sorry I often type that wrong I did mean Delete Key! And Some SATA drives ship out with a speed limiting jumper as Said above, it will need to be removed to get the full available speeds from the disk.

And that drive in particular is one that does ship with a jumper, so it will need to be removed.

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post, but I definitely need some help with my new ga-ep45 ds3r. I have a very similar configuration to the original poster - intel 8400 wolfdale, radeon 4850, 4gb kingston memory, a samsung sata dvd disk drive, seagate barracuda 320gb. Everything is working okay but I can't get the operating system to install. I have updated the bios to version F10g and tried getting the drivers off the gigabyte disk and installing them before doing an os install. But every time it gets to a certain point (after selecting the hdd and format type, quick or regular) an error message comes up saying the 'setup is unable to format the partition'. And native sata is enabled, raid is disabled. Have tried with the speed limiting jumper on and off. Am I using the wrong drivers? I've tried a handful already with no luck. Or could my hdd be doa? I've never had such a hard time installing the os. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, updating the bios was a piece of cake. Just go to gigabyte website, select mobo model and latest bios, download, format a floppy, unpack the files on the floppy, and (with this board) use the qflash utillity.
    Last edited by littledipper; 09-15-2008 at 07:37 AM. Reason: add info

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well Jumper should be off for starters. Second, what drive is it exactly, Model # I mean. Some drivers HAVE to be formatted/setup for first use with the manufacturers tools.

Here is the seagate tool you would want to use to setup the disk for first use if you can indeed stick it into another PC >>>
    Seagate Technology - DiscWizard

Install that into your other PC and shut down, then put in the new drive and choose Setup new disk, For Boot OS drive and it should find and format the drive and set/label it active

You should be using this driver >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver Download

What system are you trying to install? Please be sure either way to choose Full Format.

For a NON raid you want your settings like this >>>

For RAID settings should be, as it sounds like you have them>>>
    SATA RAID/AHCI Mode ..... Disabled
    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode .........Enabled

Yes, that drive could be DOA, it happens. Do you have another system to test it in? If so great, as you can whether needed or not put it in that system and set it up with the correct Manufacturer tool above and then try to install. That would be easiest and best

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information