Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: About TRFC?

Default Re: About TRFC?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFX View Post
    Okey I see it really do matter then and as you said I came this far why stop now when it can be even better :)
    Please do take performance measuments before and after tweaking the Advanced Timings other than tRD and tRFC. Would like to know what you experience.

Exactly what I think to, nothing can beat better hardware as more mem and a fast card, couse in the end timings dont do much at all in gaming atleast you dont notice it as I think mostly all new ram is so fast that it's definetly not some timings that will hold you back I think!

Okey tweak some settings here and there is more for the fun of it :)

As allready said trd and trfc thats what matters the most.
    Anyway take a look at what I get in memset if you will if anything seems way of.

All Precharge to Active = 5
    trfc = 46, set by me
    trd = 8, set by me
    Write to Precharge Delayed = 14
    twtr = 11
    trrd = 4
    trd_wr = 8
    trtp = 6
    All Precharge to Refresh delay = 5
    tref = 3316
    cmd = 2, set by me

Best Regards
    /MaxFX
    Last edited by MaxFX; 09-27-2008 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman View Post
    Please do take performance measuments before and after tweaking the Advanced Timings other than tRD and tRFC. Would like to know what you experience.
    Yepp I can bench some with Everest if you will but surely as you say I wont notice anything, atleast not in games and thats what only matters to me couse some better values in a program dont give me anything at all

Yepp I can bench some with Everest if you will but surely as you say I wont notice anything, atleast not in games and thats what only matters to me couse some better values in a program dont give me anything at all
    I understand but that's not the point. When getting help it is nice to give back and let others know your experience so it helps others. So if you do tweak the other advanced timings do let us know what happened and any improvement.

When I tweaked my ram, both tWTR and tWR, were set to the lowest values but the values in Windows were always higher. There wasn't much performance different. I didn't see the point of tweaking any further. But I did go back to see if tRD could be lowered. At stock settings it goes down to 5 improving performance even more, hence starting and ending with tRD.

I understand but that's not the point. When getting help it is nice to give back and let others know your experience so it helps others. So if you do tweak the other advanced timings do let us know what happened and any improvement.

When I tweaked my ram, both tWTR and tWR, were set to the lowest values but the values in Windows were always higher. There wasn't much performance different. I didn't see the point of tweaking any further. But I did go back to see if tRD could be lowered. At stock settings it goes down to 5 improving performance even more, hence starting and ending with tRD.
    Yeah of course if I do I will post ASAP if I get some better result or if its not noticable!..sure when one get help one should do the very best to help out yourself!

I just replayed saying that your probably right and its not worth it as one dont can get any magic speedboost in gaming :)

I think I will relax a while now couse all these tweaking has start going on me nerves, you know all work and no play :)

I have read up on the tRD and as you and others said, thats is where it's at!

Best regards
    MaxFX

Yeah of course if I do I will post ASAP if I get some better result or if its not noticable!..sure when one get help one should do the very best to help out yourself!

I just replayed saying that your probably right and its not worth it as one dont can get any magic speedboost in gaming :)

I think I will relax a while now couse all these tweaking has start going on me nerves, you know all work and no play :)

I have read up on the tRD and as you and others said, thats is where it's at!

Best regards
    MaxFX
    Ok I misunderstood. And yes tweaking does get tedious.

Here is another place to look if you haven't already:

Tweakers.fr
    Last edited by Merman; 09-29-2008 at 04:01 AM.

Ok I misunderstood. And yes tweaking does get tedious.

Here is another place to look if you haven't already:

Tweakers.fr
    Yepp np mate and thanks for the link will check it out :)

I maybe will try to tweak the others when I get some of my strenght back, all this tweaking here and there can drive a man insane so better take some breath once in a while

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nope but it's fun to, if one take some paus in between once in a while, atleast for a noob like myself who just started with all this tweaking but soon im ready to go once again so if you would you could take a look and see if the timings seems okey :)

Memset give me these values!

All Precharge to Active = 5
    trfc = 46, set by me
    trd = 8, set by me
    Write to Precharge Delayed = 14
    twtr = 11
    trrd = 4
    trd_wr = 8
    trtp = 6
    All Precharge to Refresh delay = 5
    tref = 3316
    cmd = 2, set by me

Best Regards
    /MaxFX
    Last edited by MaxFX; 09-30-2008 at 01:31 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

These maybe can be brought down >>>
    Write to Precharge Delayed = 14 << Maybe one less in BIOS, possibly two
    twtr = 11 << Maybe one less in BIOS
    trrd = 4 << Maybe 3, Likely 3
    trd_wr = 8
    trtp = 6 << Maybe 2-3 set in BIOS, in Memset 3=5, 2=4 (2 May cause instability, 3 should not)

Is what you have Memtest86+ stable for some tested amount of time? If not, you need to be doing that first as you may have things to low already
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-29-2008 at 09:27 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information