Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Where to buy S/PDIF bracket, heat sink push pins?

Default Where to buy S/PDIF bracket, heat sink push pins?

I've been trying to buy a Gigabyte S/PDIF input bracket (12CR1-1SPDIN-01R) for quite a while now, but no one in the Northern Hemisphere seems to have one for sale (looks like they all ended up down under for some reason). 12CR1-1SPINO-11R (S/PDIF input/output) would work fine too. Anyone know where I can buy one?

Also, I'd like to pull off the fancy NB/SB/VRM heatsink from my GA-965P-DQ6 and apply some proper thermal compound, but I'm way too lazy to pull the mobo out of the chassis (too much stuff in there!). My plan is to cut off the push pins, pull the heat sink, strip off the decorative plates, apply thermal compound, and reinstall the heat sink with new push pins. Nylon bolts/nuts won't work because I'd need access to the underside of the mobo. Any ideas? Thanks!

Default Re: Where to buy S/PDIF bracket, heat sink push pins?

you want to cut the pins off? Trust me I think it might be easier for you to just take the mobo out and do it. Just installed a NB Heatsink and I'm not kinding a aftermarket heatsink is a pain in the butt to put on. However its well worth it. But taking out my mobo only takes tops about 6-9 mins and trust me I have everything in there from liquid cooling to now 10 fans.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Where to buy S/PDIF bracket, heat sink push pins?

Yeah, I would also advise for you to take it out and remove the pins. MUCH Safer that way, you could easily break something if you do not!

I would suggest a ThermalTake Extreme Spirit II for your NB, I use them on 2 of my GA-965P's, and they worked GREAT

As for your cable/Bracket Here is 12CR1-1SPINO-11R >>>
    Gigabyte Motherboard Coax SPDIF In & out Audio Cable - eBay (item 230289920782 end time Sep-17-08 01:57:40 PDT)

Ebay Item # if that link is broke for you >>

It is shipped from Australia though, but he does ship to the US for $7.00. If that is where you are.

If you dont want that, which may be your only option as both items are discontinued, you may get one shipped to you by CC order by calling up Gigabyte directly. Or have you tried that?

Thread Information