Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P35-DS3P Sata Burner AHCI?

Default Re: P35-DS3P Sata Burner AHCI?

Supported file systems and devices:
    FAT16, FAT16X, FAT32, FAT32X, Linux Ext2, Linux Ext3 and Linus swap partitions
    NTFS
    Dynamic Dists

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, I looked it up, but see no mention of AHCI, SATA or RAID

But since you use it with SATA I think I might try it out

Just remembed something else about the DVD drives. When booting and you pause at the screen where it shows irq and such if in ATA mode and you open the drive tray it will stay open till you close but in AHCI then will close as soon as you open it. Won't even give enough time to put in a disk. That is one way I know is not working normal.

Works great. I use it on XPS420 after booting first time and make sure get updates and install just the drivers and basic stuff I really want to be there and put on external drive so if anything goes wrong will not lose that. I also used to put onto a new drive and have the original dell install there then took out original Dell HD and put away.

Yeah does sound buggy. Please post back if you do decide to try out those Ghost images, let us know how it goes.

Thanks, I think I may pick up a copy of it then. Hey, you never said, does it have a DOS bootable interface to use to ghost images onto clean drives?

When you boot to the disk it loads its interface and if you have a new formatted drive installed then you can tell it to run the restore image to that drive. That was how I did for the new drive in both the XPS420 and the Gigabyte systems. Also on the XPS420 it only the option to use ATA or RAID and comes preinstalled in RAID mode. No AHCI on this system and it works fine here.

Great, I wanted it for RAID images, and restoring RAID images. So that sounds right up my alley! Thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-15-2008 at 03:51 PM.

The image didn't change anything so did fresh install of Vista and made new image and using Ashampoo Burning Studio all ok with Sata burner. So installed SP1 and now updates and so far still working. This time did Not install anything from the Gigabyte disk except sound drivers.

Just received this reply from support: (ahci mode is not suppose to operate with sata optical drive, the board does have two sata controller. Which controller is the sata optical drive connected to). I informed them that problem is fixed and other systems I have repaired or built with Sata burners work in AHCI mode. Also that during boot the screen clearly states that AHCI is for Hard drives and CDRom drives. I think perhaps got a tech who has no experience with current systems.

Well the board is dead. Thought it was working then starting losing first burner then hard drive. Finally would not find drives in bios even in ATA. So in trash now. Time to get a new one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information