Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P35-DS3P Sata Burner AHCI?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: P35-DS3P Sata Burner AHCI?

At first just was rebooting about every 20 to 30 min, then I noticed that sometimes the burner was not shown. Then started boot loop and could not see harddrive. So I decided to run the new image and could not see drive long enough to run as if the drives were there for a few seconds then gone. Not sure yet what board will get now, but something cheap just to use as backup system. Choice between EP45-DS3L or Biostar TP45HP at newegg.

Well I put the board back in to keep messing with it. I just have trouble giving up on things like that and don't know why but so far has worked for about 20 min with no problem. I even changed over to ATA mode and ok there too. Strange! I really have liked this board and don't want to give it up until ready to get the EP45-DS3R.

Hmm, very strange.

Maybe you have a controller that is starting to fail, or something else on the board itself that is just about to give out on you.

So you didn't send it back, or just not yet?

Still working good. Can't send back since had over a year now. I got another email from support and they still insist that can't use Sata burners in AHCI mode. In that case then the other systems I have built or worked on should have not worked either . Can get more help from user forums than most tech support these days.

YA, I have seen some complaints before about it not working, but on a different board.

So, still working now?

Yep still working and went ahead and installed some games to make sure working there. So far so good just had a few lockups in Painkiller Overdose but then changed my OCZ Plat Rev2 800 ram to run at 5-5-5-15 1.92V instead of 4-4-4-15 2.1V. And seems ok. Ran Memtest 86+ 2.1 a hour or so and ok. I will still get the EP45-DS3R next month though cause looks like a good board for me.

Well I finally found the problem. This last installed Vista using just the generic AHCI drivers that are in Vista. After a few days working ok a few hours ago decided to install the Intel Matrix Storage and then after reboot lost the Sata burner again. So tried installing from scratch using the AHCI drivers on floppy and still not working. So is the drivers. Tried two different ones now and always same, will only work with ones on Vista install disk. Strange that my other system a Dell XPS420 has no problems or any friends with other systems I built using Sata burners (on other brand MBs) just this board. So may use another brand next time. Thanks for the help anyway.

Did you test with Drivers direct from Intel, or J.Micron? Depending on the ports used. Did you actually test both?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information